Saturday, June 20, 2009

The first MICHJAY Challenge and of course Donkey Day!

I am so excited this is the first of the brand new MichJay Challenge!! Ok.. so it is a personal challenge between me and my Buddie JayJay (http://www.stempelelfejayjay.blogspot.com/), we were chatting at how wonderful it is so many can do the wonderful 3-D items so easily - and after a while decided that we just needed to step out of the box of cards and challenge each other. So once a month we will hold the MichJay Challenge! JayJay got to pick the first template for us to use and found this one at http://www.create4fun.nl/ and I just think it is soooo cute! It is a little gift watering can.
I made the can with the template, using a dotted BoBunny paper, after gluing it all together, I
colored up one of my favorite Alota Rubber Stamps :0) - from Michelle's Sweet Little Donkeys set, with my Copics, then cut out with a small border around it. I gel pen stitched around the entire watering can with a white gel pen. (this would have been so much easier to do before I put it together, sigh) I then added an EK Success border punched piece of white paper with tiny little heart buttons. I think it is really cute!!! Now that I have posted mine... I can't wait to see Jay Jay's!!!

Ok.. Now Donkey Day!

First we need to announce that Coffee and Toffee are officially sold - I am not crying yet as they are not quite ready to go to their new home yet... fences are being put up. And I can see and visit them any time I want :0) The new next door neighbor purchased them....
How about an update on Macie and Cheyenne? Well we have said all along that Macie would be next to have her baby... man she is wide! But you know I think Cheyenne may give her a race to the "finish line" she is actually showing a lot more signs.... they both are probably with in the month - Yes I know this is not a nice photo of them... but hey I wanted you to "feel" for them.
Wow.. guess it is just update day... How about an update on my sick little girl Rosie? Well we really stuck with her meds for over a month this last time and feed her all the best as much as we could. She is doing so much better - still needs to put on a bit more weight and time will tell if whatever virus or worm she has comes back.. but so far she has had lots of energy and is holding her own! I love this girl so much I want to cure her!
Now for the baby update!!!

Cali is doing so great, she is getting bigger each day and loves being out in the big pen with all the adults. My only problem with her is... well... she keeps putting her head where it doesn't belong behind her Mom and getting... well messed on - so her head is always a yucky mess - I clean her up and come out later and there she is again - she'll learn at some point I guess. I hope.
Mirta... now this girl is soooo tiny! She isn't growing hardly any! Tiny Tiny Tiny! But man is she adorable! And Super friendly!!
Here is a great photo of Cali and Mirta together - these two will be great friends! They are 1/2 sisters - so I am sure they will have a few tiffs now and then, but I know they will Buddie up and be great partners and have fun together. Sorry the photo is a bit blurry... camera kept fogging up this morning.
Hope you enjoyed! And yes I realize there isn't a Libbie photo... she was not wanting her photo taken this morning - I think we are getting into the terrible teens here... you should see my chair cushion she got a hold of.... bad doggie! :0) Can't stay mad at her -
Have a great Saturday!
HUGS and

25 comments:

Tracey said...

What a fabulous project Michelle! Love it!

susan said...

Oh, they are all so sweet! Cali is so tiny and delicate, she looks like a little toy! Please don't ever sell Rosie! She needs your constant vigilance and care. She is meant to stay with you. I sincerely believe that animals that need special care are put in certain people's paths for a reason. Right now, Rosie is exactly where she should be and will thrive and lead a happy life with you.

Jóna said...

OMG ! They are so adorable and I want to hug them. Mirta is so tiny and sweet. The photo of the 1/2 sisters is adorable and just perfect to scrap. You have a lot of pictures to use for scraping. One album for every donkey :o) I am sure I would do that if they were mine :o)

Your card is so great !!!! I nearly forgot about that when I so the donkey pictures LOL

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

How cute! A donkey watering can together with all your lovely donkeys! Love the 3d project you made and your donkeys *hee hee*. I need to visit you someday!

Hugs hugs
Jay Jay

BethW said...

Mirta and Cali have stolen my heart forever. I think the photo is perfect-as is your project. Fantastic inspiration-thank you.

Milla :) said...

Michelle,
The water can turned out just
B E A U T I F U L! You guys are so talented! Jay Jay's also is wonderful! Who is gonna get the candy??? :). I love your work! xoxo, Milla :)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Such a fun design Michelle, just love those cutie stamps and oh my what fabulous photo's. Hugs Nikki x

Kelly Schelske said...

What a super project Michelle!

Great picts too, my gosh Mirta is adorable!! Cali too, but Mirta is so small and sweet!

Hugs, Kelly

Riet said...

What a beautiful creation Michelle,l love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Justine said...

OK the watering can is super fun and cute but nothing compares to your wonderful little babies. I love Saturdays when you keep us posted on how each of them are doing. Those poor pregos, that has got to be miserable. Are you sure there is only one baby in that smaller one?

Nunt said...

Those bellies are so huge! :D I can't believe how big they grow... And the little one is adorable <3

xx,
nunt

Donalda said...

This is just gorgeous dear and what a wonderful template you have used. And all your posts of uploads are just beautiful dear you have been busy. And as always loving donkey photo's. Hugs dear

COCO said...

WO VERY FAB TEMPLATE !!! very gorgeous !!!
and your donkey is very nice !!!
hugs coco

Tab said...

Oooh sweetie I love your watering can, so sweet and the image is just adorable!

I just love looking at your donkey pic's, they are all just adorable little souls. Thanks for sharing!
Hugs Tab xxx

Viv said...

The watering can is gorgeous, your donkey babies are gorgeous and those poor , very wide, about-to-explode girls with their huge tummies....how could we not feel for them?!!!!

DawnMarie said...

Hi Michelle, hope you are well. Fab watering can card and I love those donkey images. I'm always at a loss what to say about the donkey photo's, they are fabulous and just a joy to look at, love the sweet babies and Rosie reminds me of myself, always sickly but loved sooo much. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Dawn said...

Awww brilliant photos and you will be sad when Toffee and Coffee go but how cool that they will be your new neighbours...
Mirta is just adorable and wheee she is little and boy two babies due - brilliant!!

hugs
Dawn

Cazzy said...

Such wonderful donkey photos, I love the little ones and I hope Rosie pulls through.

Cazzy x

diane zechman said...

The watering can is just darling, Michelle! And wow those mommas are huge!

Lynda said...

I love your Donkey card,so cute and colourful.I am off a farm here in New Zealand and we have never had donkeys,but they sure are cute!!I love their names.

MiamiKel said...

OH would you look at those cuties!! My BIL raises Paint horses and the new baby is Cheyenne :) The card/box/water card is TDF!! The image just really pulls it all together - terrific job!

Lyneen said...

SOOOO CUTE... I love them!!!

Kreativmonster said...

What a bunch of sweeties! Please keep us updated about the race for the birth-deadline (silly word!) Forgive me, I'm german....

Vicki G said...

Love your projects and the adorable pics!

Vicki

TA Carbone said...

HI Michelle
Well I am late at reading your updates and that is because I havent been getting them through the email system. Dont know what is happening as I checked everything and I am subscribed to your feeds and their not in the spam folder so who knows what is going on.

Oh the babies are getting so big and more coming wow. I am also happy that the 2 you sold wont be far. Lets just hope no one knocks down a fence so they can meet up with each other, lol

TA
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com