Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Joy of Giving - Birthday!

I just love this Stampavie Sarah Kay Christmas image "The Joy of Giving"... yep this is from the 2008 Christmas collection - and I think it is perfect for a birthday card as well! Just change up the colors a bit -

Colored with my Copics, then matted and sewed down - I went with a 5x7 American Crafts card base - All of the pattern papers I chose are from DCWV Whimsy collection - I matted a few and sewed them down as well - Love that a few have some bling to them - really adds so much to a card to have some sparkle don't you think?
My flower is two large EK Success Retro flower punches and then one small one, I inked the edges with a Memento Desert Sand ink spot, two Martha Frond punches all high lighted with white gel pen, then put together with a jewelry spacer and mini brad. The sentiment is from Stampin Up and punched with the SU word window punch - I think that is is perfect for this image... LOL

I know I said that I was posting Blog Candy this week... still in the plans I promise, just haven't gotten a couple of things in that I want to add to it... so please stick with me.. it will hopefully be well worth it ;0)

Also.. FYI... want to spread some news that the challenge Blog JUST MAGNOLIAS has some new things this week there is a WONDERFUL Tutorial on it by Kim Piggitt - oh my I soooo love her work, and on this tutorial she shares how she does those amazing distressed backgrounds - take a moment and see how easy she makes it look! I love that she shared her secret! Then next week there is something else new to add to the regular blog so keep an eye on all the fun stuff that the girls have planned there!

Hope you have a wonderful Thursday -

HUGS and-

8 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is so adorable and perfect for birthdays to.

Ila said...

This is so Fabulous!!..I love the way you colored this image...and used it for a birthday!!..Hugs, Ila

Tab said...

oooh love your card hun, I agree this image is perfect for birthdays too, so nice when you can convert crimbo stamps to use for other occasions.
Hugs Tab xxx

Heidi said...

Oh what a sweet card you have made Michelle. I really love this image and your coloring is always so beautiful.
Hope everything is fine with you and that you will have a wonderful weekend

Hugs and love
Heidi

Viv said...

She is a cute image...reminds me of someone out shopping......!! Love the colour combo and flower!

Sheene said...

love the card! love the bright colors too!

xxx
sheene

ribenaruby said...

Just a lovely card,I have this stamp that I won and love it for so many occassions!

Cathy said...

I love her for any occasion!! You colored her so perfectly!! I love it!! Very pretty!

Hugs,Cathy