Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wedding cards this week at A Spoon Full of Sugar!

This weeks theme at A Spoon Full of Sugar was perfect timing for me this week. An old friend's daughter is getting married on the 4th of July - so I was really needed to make a wedding card! Love when the card is made for a special person, and I can really think about the person it is for and what I want for them.

I knew I wanted to use The Alota Rubber Stamps "Mr and Mrs Wedding Couple" they are one of my favorite newly married couple images.

I colored with my Copics... and I wanted to make sure you could see how cool the brides dress looks... I used the new Smooch to color in her dress... it looks so neat in person, like a satin fabric! (Yes this is the product that is in my Blog Candy!!! well but my own bottle I didn't dip into the winners bottle LOL) Then for the background color I used one of my chalk inks from Memento and a sponge and filled in the color... the white was just too much once I put it with the pattern papers.
For my card I started with a white card stock base, then use the absolutely yummy Graphic 45 Baby/Wedding papers. These papers are so beautiful, and two sided. I picked a striped piece, and plaid piece and then the roses. I then punched a border with a EK Success border punch, then sewed everything down. OH almost forgot I used a piece of twine around two of the corners of the image.
The sentiment is also from Alota Rubber Stamps, it is part of the Pretty Circle Essentials set, love the wording..
I hung two heart charms with a fine little chain - and a pretty little heart brad.
And look don't be shocked, but I also did a bit on the inside!!! :0)
I hope you like my Wedding card - Make sure to visit A Spoon Full of Sugar today - Wow there are some really gorgeous cards by the DT, and this week again their is a great prize by
our sponsor this week is Bunny Zoe's crafts (Yes.. our very own Nikki has opened her own store!!! You just must go and visit it and see all the wonderful goodies she has available!)
Well have a wonderful Tuesday... and we are only one day from my Blog Candy give away!!! I am so excited!!!
HUGS and-

18 comments:

Penni said...

Wow I love this card - the happy couple are soooo cute.

I've left you a little something on my blog.

Hugs
Penni
X

Patty Williams said...

Wow ! This is gorgeous ! I need to make a wedding card too, their colors are lilac and cream. I am lost !

Debbie said...

Stunning card Michelle,Just love this cute Alota couple,Hugs Debbie x

DawnMarie said...

Hi Michelle, beautiful wedding card, I'm sure your friends daughter will be delighted. Love the stamp you've used, such a cute couple and the sentiment is perfect too. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Caryn said...

Ooh that smooch stuff looks great! Fabulous card Michele.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

An absolutely gorgeous card...and the stamp is soooo cute...nice to actually see Smooch 'in action' before buying any!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh, I love the happy couple Michelle, your colouring is gorgeous and I love the charms, such pretty details, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Nancy said...

OH Michelle, this is a gorgeous wedding card:O) Funny too. I love that fabulous image! New for me. Your colouring is fantastic, her dress is gorgeous. Beautiful paper. Lovely on the inside too.
Hope you are enjoying midsummer night;O)
Thanks for nice comment:O)

Hugs, Nancy.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I love your card... What a beautiful card for a wedding! I know this will be treasured and kept forever...

Tracey said...

i love this card it is stunning the image is fantastic xxx

Vicki G said...

This is GORGEOUS!

Alice said...

Oh this is very beautiful! I like the heart charms and the color you've used!
Alice

Jessica Diedrich said...

Soooo cute, and I meant to congratulate you on your sketch from last week too! I've been a bit behind on my blogging friends but OMGOSH the card is adorable and your sketch is great and I can't wait to try it!

Dawn said...

Hi Michelle
Wow how adorable is this - gorgeous papers too...

Dawn

stampinfrog said...

This is a Beautiful wedding card!Love the happy couple and your coloring is fantastic!
Hugs,Connie

yanmaneee said...

golden goose sneakers
kyrie 3
kyrie shoes
yeezy 500
air jordan
kd shoes
supreme clothing
jimmy choo
longchamp
golden goose sale

yanmaneee said...

air jordan 1
yeezy supply
moncler
supreme clothing
yeezy boost 350
pandora jewelry
kd 12
air jordan
supreme clothing
jordan sneakers

shestes said...

replica bags louis vuitton replica bags ru replica kipling bags