Friday, June 26, 2009

YEE HAW!! It is a Western InStyle Stamps Blog HOP!

Last Friday of the month and that means it is the InStyle Stamps Blog Hop!! And a new stamp release! This month we are going western baby! I love western stamps! Not that I am a cowboy or anything.. my donkeys ain't for riding they are for hugging! :0)


So for my Yea Haw western item I got a chance to use one of the Anime Collection - a real treat for me, cuz I normally only work with the Retro line - I just adore those eyes in the Anime people.


This is TOMMY - is he adorable or what!!! I colored him with my Copics - I just had so much fun with that cowboy hat - I shouldn't tell you what we call a hat like that around here. A dusty, dirty, grimy well loved straw hat - is you "Go to heck Hat" ( subbed a word there for public viewing ) ... meaning you don't care what anyone thinks of it - you love it and you keep on wearing it! I tried to capture that feeling when coloring his hat here - LOL I also put just a dot of Dimentional Glaze on his eyes.. in the photo here is is shining back a bit and looks a little odd, but in person it is really cool!!


I found some perfect papers in my stash to go with Tommy - A Daisy D's western cowboy paper and a denim paper. The cream card stock is a white wash card stock from Core'dinations. Then in my scraps I found the gingham red paper and the bandanna paper! Just tooooo perfect! YEE HAW!
So Tommy was cut out with my Nesties - then a large circle out of the denim paper. And I just had to do some doodling around the edge. I created a band out of the red papers - and then gel pen stitched the edge of the western paper. Do you love that zig zag border around that??? It is my New EK Success embossing border punch! I just laid it out to create a mat around the paper - I sanded the core'dinations paper a bit to show the embossed stitching - really is a cool look in person but hard to capture in my photos-
I did a bit on the inside of the card - just a few scraps inside and then one of my all time favorite sentiments -

"Sending you a big ol' Texas hug!" I love this stamp - I purchased it at a local stamping store - to perfect for me huh?
Now to the details of the blog hop.... On my side bar you will find all of my fellow InStyle team members - please hop around and visit them and see all the cowboy/cowgirl fun they had with their projects - THEN Hop on over to the Instyle Blog ---- this is the important part - we both want to win a prize right??? Well if you pop over there and vote for me... then I win a prize... then leave a comment in the comment field of the blog hop post and you may be drawn to win a prize as well! Only kidding about voting for me.. vote for whoever's project you honestly love most... but I will love you forever if you vote for me :0) LOL!
So again - InStyle DT members on my side bar - then InStyle Blog Hop Post - Vote and have a chance at winning that simple! Hope you have some fun hopping around and remember to scream Yee Haw while doing it!
HUGS and see you tomorrow for Donkey/Libbie Day!

22 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Awesome! I love your creativity!! Drop over to my blog when you have a chance! I have given you a LOVELY BLOG AWARD!

Melissa said...

Oh, how cute! That paper is fabulous - my brothers had wallpaper just like it in their bedroom when we were kids!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo....Tommy is just adorable! You've colored him perfectly (love the hat) and really brought him to life! Love the dp too! Perfect project for this challenge! :)

Vicky said...

so, so cute, michelle! your coloring is, as always, just beautiful :).

Jodi said...

Very cute card!! Love the pretty paper too!! That saying is just so perfect for you, I love it!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Marla said...

AWESOME COWBOY card!!

Risa said...

Your card is super cute Michelle! I love the expression on Tommy's face..what a hunk!
Awesome card details and super coloring job!
hugs
Risa:)

StampinCathy said...

This is one amazing and inspiring card. I just love Tommy with those big eyes! Love your background, coloring, and all the details you added. Good Luck!!

Carole said...

Wonderful card Michelle, perfect for you..LOL. What a great image too.
Have a super weekend.
Hugs
Carole x

Vicki G said...

Cute Card! I Love your DP!!!!

Kim said...

What an adorable card Michelle! I adore it to pieces! VERY cute and your papers are so perfect! AWESOME job!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Jacilynn said...

super cute! this little guy is adorable. great sentiment

Crazy Creations said...

You Always make great cards Sarah

Nunt said...

Love the backing papers! :D

xx,
nunt

Ila said...

OMGosh!! What a Fabulous card!!..that stamp is the Cutest and your coloring is fantastic!!!..Hugs, Ila

Crystal said...

Super cute!!!

Heather Huggins said...

What a cute card!! Goes perfect with your special saying!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Michelle,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Janice said...

I LOVE this! That paper is awesome! Goes wonderfully with that cute image!

yanmaneee said...

louboutin shoes
lebron 16
nike air force
yeezy
jordan shoes
air max 270
christian louboutin
yeezys
adidas tubular
nike 270

yanmaneee said...

curry 8
hermes
golden goose outlet
hermes birkin
supreme hoodie
lebron shoes
golden goose
kd 12 shoes
jordans shoes
moncler outlet

Unknown said...

my companyread review great post to readclick site click to read morethis website