Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sadly goodbye to Club Anya ..... MEET BABY MIRTA!!!

My guest DT with Club Anya is over... I have LOVED being a part of this fabulous team of ladies, and leaving the team is very sad for me. I have become addicted to this Greeting farm images, and all though I will not be a part of the team... they can't keep me from playing with them! I still plan on working as much as I can with this great group, and I know my GF images will be inked often as I just love working with them. Jessica.. the club VP asked me to make a farewell card. So I inked up Anya Shine as it is summer time -





Anya is colored with my Copics and then high lighted with my white gel pen. I cut her out with my Fiskar's craft knife. Do you just love those flip flops or what?
The base is a dark brown card stock, then a pink core'dinations card stock that I distressed the edges. That pattern paper is just wonderful! It is from Paper Trunk and is called Maybe Baby...just love that name! I used a Martha Stewarts wave punch on green card stock and then the same brown, and then cut the pattern just enough for the borders to slide under. I sewed everything together with pink thread. OH and I distressed the pattern paper as well. I added some buttons for some added fun...

Cuz "GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN!" another of my Cloud 9 epoxy stickers, on pink card stock then matted on a scrap of the dark brown.


Thank you again Jessica.. and everyone at Greeting Farm and Club Anya for my time with Club Anya.. it was short, seems like a blink of an eye, but I loved it! Thanks so much!


Now before I cry... would you like to meet Mirta? Who is Mirta you ask?




some




spaces




for




some




drama




don't




you




hate




when




people




do




this?




MIRTA IS VICKI'S BRAND NEW BABY GIRL!!!!!!!!


( Do you know how hard that was to hold to the end of the post LOL)


Her "full" registered name is "Ranchito de Crossback Mirtas Secret". The Ranchito de Crossback is our "ranch" name - all babies born here have that in their name. Mirta.. that is a name we have been saving for a special little girl. We have a taco house nearby, that Hubby gets his breakfast every morning on his way to work, the owner's name is Mirta... a very sweet funny lady and I have loved her name since hearing it. I am sure all of the locals are going to get a hoot out of it as soon as they hear what we named her. And then the Secret part... well you see Vicki is a Rolls Royce I guess you would say. She has a blue ribbon pedigree, both her father and her grandfather were show ring champions. And her father has the secret as part of their name. Her father is "It's a Secret" she is "Victoria's Secret" so now to follow our Spanish named babies... we have "Mirta's Secret"




She was born about 5:30 am and these photos she is still wet.. Vicki is doing so wonderfully. She birthed her all own her own. I was out with her 3 times during the night, the last time around 4:30 am came in and then when Hubby went our just before 6 am the baby was standing in the pen with Mom cleaning her all up. I am so proud of Vicki!! Well heck pretty darn proud of Raffi as well... another little girl! And we are not for sure about the coloring yet, they always look darker when wet... but WOW she seems like she has the dark spots like her Mom... I'll have lots more photos on Saturday.. pretty photos with her fuzzy clean and most important dry fur! Let me tell you... I will sleep good tonight!
HUGS from a very tired... but VERY Happy "Momma" and

18 comments:

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

Yahooo! Mirta is there. And how cute she is. I knew she would have spots =)

It's sad that your DT spot at TGF ends now. But hey the images are too cute to be sad *hugs*.

Niki said...

Congrats to Vicki! Mirta is a beautiful little girl. Glad she's doing well.

Linda w said...

What a doll. I would just love to see her in person. Congrats to mama too.

thanks much

Shauna K said...

LOVE the card! And the baby is sooooo adorable! Congrats to all :D

Nicola said...

Love the card. I have just got some of these myself. I held off as long as I could.LOL.

Mirta is beautiful. Congrats to all as I bet no-one got much sleep last night. I can't wait to see the Saturday photo's.

Hugs
Nic

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous card Michelle and Mirta is adorable!

Hugs, Kelly

Cathy said...

Your card is beautiful Michelle!! Mirta is adorable and my daughter is in love with her!!! Yay for you!!

Hugs, Cathy

Lene said...

Congratulations on your new baby, Mom! She's beautiful!

Diamond Doll said...

Awww what a sweetie Mirta is, well done to Vicki.will defo be back sat to see the new pics.

Sorry your DT time is over at TGF.Your card is fab.
Trish (-:

Angie said...

I'm gonna miss seeing you on the CA blog all the time, but I know we'll still see lots of wonderful projects from you! And congrats on your new baby!!! That is so exciting and cool.

Viv said...

Cute card and even cuter baby! Welcome Mirta! At last!

Colleen said...

Ohhh, Mirta is just way too cute and darling. Enjoy loving on her.

Tab said...

Oh love your card hun, I really must ink mine up LOL! Oh and look at your new addition what a sweetie and I love her name, just adorable!
hugs Tab xxx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Firstly gorgeous card, love the GF image and the colours and layout look fab.
Secondly many congrats and well done to Vicki on the birth of baby Mirta she looks adorable cant wait to see more pics.
Lyndsey xx

Justine said...

Congratulations, your new baby is precious. The card is pretty cute also. LOL You did a great job, I am surprised they let you go!!

ribenaruby said...

Huge congratulations to all, Mirta is really a fine name.Beautiful pics and after all that waiting, it was worth it,rest well tonight!

Carmen O. said...

What a GORGEOUS card! Wow Mirta is quite something. I love how cool her full name is. Hope you were able to get rested up!

Sandy R said...

Mirta is absolutely precious!! Thanks so much for sharing her with us!!