Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Peek-a-Boo!

I got a chance to play! And I loved that it fit last weeks Cute Card Challenge! Almost too late, but hey it is Wednesday so it is just in time right?

So when I am playing I have a few stamps that I just adore, but don't get to pull out and use as much - this Stampavie Rachelle Anne Miller image "Peek-a-boo" is one of those images, I have loved it since I saw the sneak peek online - and love coloring it now -

Used my Copics, and chalk to color in and then added a bit of Shimmerz for some bling.. hard to see in the photo but the butterfly actually sparkles in the light.
My card base is a white card stock, all of the pattern papers are DCWV Nana's Kitchen, I inked the edges of each piece, then added a Martha Stewart white border fence, to make the fence show more on the light paper - I rubbed the same ink I did the edges with along the paper to darken that area, then placed the fence over it.
I used my Spellbinders Nestibilities Label die to cut out the image and the red card stock - then doodled around the edges. The sentiment is I believe from Stampabilites, I doodled around the edge of it as well... went a bit crazy but was following the image when doodling. I added the two sizes of red bling along the bottom for some added fun.

Was so happy when I found that it fit the Cute Card Challenge with that added bling!

Well middle of the week - and behind as usual ;0) but I am going to read a few blogs then get my day going - Have a great Wednesday!

HUGS and -



5 comments:

Rach said...

this is gorgeous Michelle, love how you have coloured your image and the lovely doodling you have done.xx

Linda said...

Michelle -- This is adorable. I must look into that image as my granddaughter is in love with puppies and this would be perfect for a card for her!! Your doodles add so much to your project. Thank you for sharing this with us. I look forward to your next blog.
Linda Bien

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Michelle!! Love the picket fence border!

Hugs, Kelly

Ila said...

Super Cute and Fun!!...I love the way you colored this Cute image and your layout and papers are Wonderful!!..Hugs, Ila

Cathy said...

Michelle, this card is gorgeous!! You colored it so perfectly!! This kitty is just so sweet!!

Hugs, Cathy