Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday already! and time for Just Magnolias! YEA!

This week the Just Magnolia's Challenge is a sketch by our very own DT Rach! Great sketch I am sure you will love to work with I know I did!


I started with Tilda sitting - love her angle she is leaning - She is colored with my Copics and again I have used my chalks for the back ground -


- for my colors I found a K & Company paper stack buried on my shelf that I hadn't used in a long time - and pulled out a few papers to match. Probably more fall colors, but hey it was raining and cool the day I made this card.. LOL
I matted each piece of pattern paper with the same brown Core'dinations card stock that I used for my base - I sewed each one down with a dark brown thread and a simple straight stitch. The sentiment I believe is a Penny Black - one of my favorites, stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa ink, then doodled around. I used a Martha Stewart twill ribbon for the band across the middle. Love that twill.. especially when you find it on clearance for 2.00 ... there is a ton on those rolls!
Then my flowers.. really pretty huh? MIL has been messing with her flower patterns and making up new ones..don't you just love the frill to the edge of these? Really wonderful in person. I used a large Prima green flower for the leaves, jewelry spacer and brown mini brads for the centers -
Hope you will visit the Just Magnolia Challenge Blog and see all the DT work, and then put in for the prize.. really awesome prizes there!
Scheduled this post ahead.. so I'll check back later in the morning to catch up on my blog reading and will report if there is anything new in the Donkey world... doubt it as Vicki shows no interest or signs in having a baby... LOL she just wanted some hormonal attention last week!
HUGS and -

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo love this Michelle, you did a fab job the sketch.. love how you did the grass looks awesome!
hugs rachxx

Naoual said...

Michelle your card it totally gorgeous!! Love your colouring and the way you did the grass, just beautiful, love it!

Hope you'll have a fabulous weekend,

xx Naoual

CraftyC said...

What a gorgeous card, your crochetd flowers match the bp perfectly. Love it!
Clairex

slbt17 said...

very nice - and the flower is beautiful - I think she has hit on a winner!
Sandra

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow Michelle, what a gorgeous card love the cute Tilda and the colour scheme and papers are so pretty. Hugs Nikki x

Linda said...

These are my fav colors!!! I keep threatening to get started on a Magnolia collection, but just haven't YET!! I keep thinking that I won't do justice to the stamp in my coloring abilities ... so am procrastinating!! I really like your incorporating the crochet flowers on this any many of your previous cards. I need to get my daughter, Sara, to do some for me to put on some of my cards.
Thanks for sharing your amazing cards with us and I look forward to your next one!
Linda Bien
www.hugsincluded.blogspot.com

Riet said...

Woww Michele,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Marja Sch said...

Ohhh Michelle what a fabulous card. These flowers are wonderful. Hugs Marja

Tab said...

Gorgeous card Maichelle, love the colours and those flowers are divine! Sweet image too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Rika said...

Beautiful card, lovely flowers.

Victoria said...

Beatiful card Michelle! Love your take on Rach's sketch and your fab colours! Gorgeous crocheted flowers as well!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

cats whiskers said...

Evening Hunny, what a glorious card this is just love those colours and your fabulous flowers are just perfect as is your colouring, have a wonderful weekend dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Anonymous said...

I love love love the papers you have used on this card hun, gorgeous, and a great choice of tilda and elements to complement them :)


Take care darlin and i hope you have a fab weekend

xx

Martine

strawberry fields said...

gorgeous card.....love the flowers :)
fionax

Suzanne said...

Michelle this is gorgeous I love the colours and the sketch by Rach is fab. Sue :o)

Mina said...

oh I love this card so much Michelle and the flowers are fabulous...stunning colours xxx

Kristie W. said...

This is so pretty! I really love the realistic look of the grass and those flowers are fab!

Kelly Schelske said...

Great card Michelle, love the color combo!

Donalda said...

Oh hon this is just gorgeous so love the colors you used dear. And love all the other gorgeous art you posted since my last visit. And especially those donkey Sat.
Hope you are doing well dear
Hugs

Dawn said...

How beautiful and love those crochet flowers...

NormaJean said...

I just love your card its beautiful, brown and yellow the way you did it is awesome
Hugs Normajean

Swaantje said...

Hello Michelle,
your blog is so cute ;o)

Your little tilda card is very sweet.
The colours and the flowers are stunning.
A fantastic card..

Greetings
from Germany ;o)

Cathy said...

Wow Michelle, I love this so much!! I love the colors and that image is just adorable!! Those flowers are precious, I need those in every color!! Love the frill around the edges! This really makes the flower pop.

Hugs, Cathy