Thursday, June 18, 2009

InStyle Happy Fathers Day -

Why is it that "men" cards freak us all out so much - I really stress and stare at these cards for a lot longer than I do any of my frilly - flowery - bling - cards. It just hurts sometimes to not do more. But most men in my life just do not understand or like all the layers and fluff. So for this Father's Day card I decided to keep it very simple with very little as embellishments and layers. It hurt.. yes, but I think it turned out ok -


This is InStyle Stamps "Stan" - isn't he just a handsome cool guy? LOL But Stan has some good news with him... HE IS ON SALE! And we all love sales, pop over to InStyle Stamps and see there are other images on sale this month too!

So Stan here is colored with Copics, I decided that I would use all Papertrey Ink card stock and matching pattern paper, love the colors - good think they were side by side in the pack cuz I don't know that I would have purposely put them together and I really like them together. The dotted band across the bottom is pattern paper from Papertrey as well - looks like a ribbon here in the photo.


I cut out the "Happy Father's Day" with my Slice and the new Words and Expressions cartridge. I high lighted the edges of the words with the new Smooch moonlight. Then also doodled the edges. It was so hard to stop - I could see a flower, or some bright bling... but now I forced myself to stop :0)
Hope you will check out the other stamps and that Stan made you smile -
Today is MIL shopping day. For those that are new to my blog... once a week I take my MIL out to run her errands and try and throw a few of my own into the list. We hit everything from the Mall - to the bank, post office - Target - and of course craft shops! Then end up at the grocery store before heading home. So I better get my day going and get ready - she has a really long list today and we need to be home at a decent hour today as we are suppose to go to dinner with our new neighbor tonight.
Have a great Thursday!
HUGS and-




5 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

I am so sorry that I have not been able to comment on your totally rockin' entries lately - my computer has so been on the fritz! Hopefully we will get it set soon. We go on vacation next week and my hubby does not want to deal with it until we get back. Just know I will catch up on all your awesome creations when I return on the 28th. Until then {{hugs}}

Risa said...

Wow......Your card is super fantastic Michelle! You have proven that you don't have to include the "frilly stuff" to make a beautiful card! Stan is very handsome and colored in beautifully and I love the detailing on your card.
hugs
Risa:)

Nunt said...

Haha, he's so Kool :D

xx,
nunt

cats whiskers said...

Love this brilliant card what a great Fathers Day card it makes
Hugs Jacqui x

Happy Crafter said...

Fab Fathers day card Michelle i love stan and the colours you have used and the words look great :)
Hugzz Val xxx