Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Spoon full of Butterflies!

Yes, the theme for today's Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge is Butterflies! I had so many stamps that have butterflies, and this one just was Hee-ing and Haw-ing to be used. The image actually does have a butterfly in it... LOL I just covered it up with one of my cut out butterflies -

So I colored up my Donkey... and yes this little Alota Rubberstamp image set is called "Michelle's Sweet Little Donkeys", is colored with my Copics, then highlighted with my white gel pen. The sky is chalk.
I started with a white card stock for the base, then used papers from DCWV, Garden Party stack. Love the colors and when I saw the butterflies I knew that was the paper I had to use. The bottom of the card is a border cut off of one paper, the Butterflies are from a pattern paper with lots of large butterflies off of it. I just cut out two of them. I matted my image with the same paper as my background paper, then used my Fiskar's Apron Lace Border punch and white card stock to create a lace border.

The sentiment "Donkey Hugs" is from the Alota set - wonderful sentiment I think ;0). I inked the edges of the sentiment.

I gel pen stitched the edges of the card. And take a close up look at that butterfly - Love it when the paper has the glitter - and the colors are just yummy -

Hope you will take a moment and visit A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge and see all the DT work. Really pretty cards this week! And this weeks Guest DT is Jessica Diedrich. My Buddy and fellow Dt from Stampavie and Club Anya! Love her stuff... heck just love her! :0)

Well Hubby is off again today - that usually means very little computer time for me. Busy day planned - he is going to mow more, and we are planning to wean Freddie and Pavo today... that means lots of "talking" between the pens. Darlene usually really gets upset when we take her babies from her - cries for a day or so. Freddie is Bella's first baby so we don't know how she will react.... But it is time, they are too old to be with their Mommas and so into the youth pen they will go - I'll let you know tomorrow how noisy it ended up around here today - :0)

Have a great Tuesday!

HUGS and-

19 comments:

Jingle said...

Holy CUTE! I love this one!

Carmen O. said...

Gosh this is sooo pretty! Love the butterflies and that donkey is so stinkin' cute.

Nicki said...

Awww this is sooo cute! love the little donkey - hes adorable! and love the card, its so cute!
Nicki
x

Helene said...

So sweet you sure know how to make great donkey cards.

Hugs,
Helene

Amber said...

this is just too cute ! I love the little donkey and the butterflies ..

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Michelle,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

CraftyC said...

Super stunning card Michelle, I just love these stamps and have not inked mine up for a while now. You've inspired me!
Clairex

Mel said...

love the little donkey and butterflies fab card :)
Mel x

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Michelle! Love the sweet donkey and the colors of the butterflies are gorgeous!!

Hugs, Kelly

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is beautiful, how cute is that donkey! Gorgeous colouring and love all the butterflies, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Justine said...

Absolutely Adorable, your coloring is fantastic

Cheryl Walker said...

Darling card hun!!! Im going to have to check out this challenge!!! Love your blog toooo sweet:)

Hugs,
Cheryl

ribenaruby said...

Cute card, love the layout and white pen accents!

Debbie said...

Love this cute donkey Michelle,how spooky is that, that we both used the same DP.Lol Hugs Debbie x

Jessie said...

Awh, this is so cute!

Cathy said...

Michelle,
This is so adorable!!! I love these donkeys!!! Wonderful job on this!

Hugs, Cathy

Kristen said...

That donkey is the cutest!

Shauna K said...

Such an adorable donkey! And the butterflies are darling :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is ADORABLE and thank you so much for the kind words about me! I was so honored when you guys asked me and I luv ya, too! So glad we get to work together :) HUGS!!!