Monday, June 8, 2009

Getting into Shape -

Not me...LOL - but a card! The Alota Challenge this time on the PCP Alota Group is all about Shape - to put some shape into your cards -

I have seen so many cute little gift cards made with Nestibilites and decided this was a good time to try one - Cut the purple card stock with the largest scallop, then a red with one step down, then the image with one step down from that! Love how it came together. I doodled the red card stock with white gel pen, and then doodled the edge of the image with the Copic multi-liner.
My image is the new "Staying Cool" Bugs, wonder what they are gossiping about? ahem chatting about. I colored with my Copics, I have been really trying hard to learn how to blend them together with out any streaks or lines - you can tell that with my umbrella - The sky and the ground is done with chalks. Softer - then the image pops with the Copics.

For the wings of my little bugs I of course used stickles, and then so the umbrella would look like one of the shiny vinyl plastic umbrellas I covered it in dimensional glaze. Love that stuff - stays so 3-d.

I hope you will check out the challenge over at the PCP Alota Group - Helene has some fabulous prizes up for grabs, and the shaped cards are just amazing - alot more shape and thought than my little scallops! LOL


Hubby is off today - mow, mow, mow is the plan for the day - sound fun? yuck - but part of the life in the country.

HUGS and-

9 comments:

Riet said...

Wowww Michelle,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Happy Crafter said...

Hi Michelle, Gorgeous card beautifully coloured,love the image and nestabilities.
Val x

Tab said...

Oh I love your card Michelle! Those nesties are great for making cards with. Love the image and coloured beautifully too!
Hugs Tab xxx

crafty amy said...

This is super cute I love the colouring and the glitter :)

X Amy X

Diamond Doll said...

It,s Fab Michelle, love that cute stamp.
Trish (-:

Heidi said...

Hee hee.... this is adorable Michelle!

Nicki said...

these are so cute! love them!
Nicki
x

Helene said...

What a very sweet shapely card....love it!

Hugs,
Helene

Cathy said...

These little bugs are so cute Michelle!! Very precious card!! Super fun!!

Hugs,Cathy