Friday, June 12, 2009

Putting it all together for Just Magnolias!

Friday again! And I first want to thank everyone - WOW the Just Magnolia Challenge is still having some wonderful numbers! We do all love our Magnolia's don't we? Make sure to keep an eye on the site, cuz starting this Tuesday we will be running two extra special monthly challenges - it's taken a while to get everything off the ground but we're getting there slowly. So, pop back on Tuesday bright and early for all the latest news!! And with extra challenges.. that means extra prizes!!


The challenge for this week is Paper Piecing - I love doing this and very rarely think of it - guess I just see those Copics in front of my and color away...

So as you can see my Tilda is colored with my Copics.. then for her dress I re-stamped the image onto a piece of Basic Grey Oh Boy Found this stashed way deep in my paper piles. Forgot how cute it is! Then cut the dress out and glued it onto Tilda... just like playing paper dolls!
For my Card I started with a dark blue card stock base, then used a piece of yellow Bazzill
Dotted swiss... stacked the same dot as Tilda's Dress. Sewed it all together. Then cut a piece of the floral pattern from the same collection onto the dark blue card stock, sewed. Then there was a different dot pattern in the collection so I made a band out of it. The blue card stock I put through my Fiskar's Apron Lace Border punch on both sides. The sewed it as well. The image is double matted with both card stocks, and sewed too.. went just a bit nuts with the sewing on this one, but it was simple straight stitches so I thought it was ok. The sentiment is from a chipboard sentiment set... they are wonderful and for the life of me I can't find them to tell you the name - oops sorry. I inked the edges with a dark blue ink to make it pop a bit more.
I used four flowers and a bunch of Martha leaf Frond punches - with jewelry spacers and mini brads... and I also hung a charm from one of the flowers... you can't really tell in the large photo of the whole card but the heart charm has a gem hanging from it... Really is gorgeous. I have no idea where I go it, and sadly I only have a very few of them so I will be saving them for special things.. LOL

Now run over and see all the other DT cards at Just Magnolias... Oh my really gorgeous stuff this week! Love how many different things were paper pieced.. and again this week there is a GREAT prize!
Mirta is doing fabulous! And Vicki is doing a wonderful job with her... I'll get some photos today so pop back tomorrow for Donkey Day!
HUGS and

18 comments:

stampinfrog said...

GORGEOUS! Love the paper piecing and the charm is soooooo beautiful!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,Connie

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fabulous card, love the gorgeous Tilda image and her dress is fab. Love the papers and colour combo and your added embellishments look gorgeous.
Lyndsey xx

Mel said...

Beautiful card love your papers piecing :)
Mel x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Michelle,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

Stunning card! It's beautiful!

Victoria said...

Stunning card Michelle. The paper pieced dress is beautiful! Lovely colours!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

Tab said...

Adore your card sweetie, love the divine colours that you have used! Your charm is gorgeous too!
Have a fab weekend!
Hugs Tab xxx

Naoual said...

Hiya Michelle, I LOVE your card the colour combo is really stunning, just delish. Love the paper pieced dress and your fabulous colouring. All the detail on our card is just divine. You did an amazing job on this one!

Have a fabulous weekend sweetie,

Hugs, Naoual

Martine said...

i love your card darlin, the papers are sooo scrummy, and fab choice in tilda to go with them :)


Have a fab weekend darlin


xx

Martine

Diamond Doll said...

Gorgeous card Michelle.I love tildas spotty dress and the charm is lovely.
So glad Mirta and Mum are doing well.
Trish (-:

Christine said...

If I had copics I probably wouldn't think to do anythig else either. Your card is beautiful!!!

Blessings,
Chrstine

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Michelle! I love this Tilda!

Alice said...

Beautiful card! I like your style!
Alice

SCRAP DIDI said...

Oh this card is beautiful, i love the colors and small scrapbidules.
I invite you to my blog candy!
hugs didi

Suzanne said...

This is gorgeous love the papers and this Tilda is one of my favourites. The sentiment is from some I sent you ages ago they are from craftwork cards here in the UK. Sue :o)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, love the cute Tilda aand the papers and lo are beautiful. Hugs Nikki x

Bev said...

Oh this is so beautiful! Such gorgeous papers and fantastic detail! xx

Karen said...

What a beautiful ward, Michelle! :D
Hugs,
Karen.