Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My first Gorjuss Girl Card -


I have been trying so hard to not purchase "new" stamps - I have so many that I need to love and share the ink with, and man these new Gorjuss Girl images were really making it hard to not buy them. Well I have a wonderful friend that offered to send me some images to play with. I will be very happy for a little while with the images that she sent me, they are just so pretty! Then I may have to break down and purchase them... LOL! But for now here is my first Gorjuss Girl Card -
The image is colored with my Copics, and then inked around the edges. My actually started with the purchase of some of the Core'dinations Chocolate Box paper. Oh my so yummy and not just because is has Chocolate in the name! I picked the dark pink with chocolate paper and ran it thru my Cuttlebug with the script embossing folder. I tore around the edges and then sanded it lightly to bring out the pink through the chocolate - how wonderful is that?
The base is a darker brown card stock and I have used a scrap of pink tole paper, that is inked around the edges to help distress it. Two rows of ribbon as a band across the middle. Love that the brown ribbon has the pink stitches, too cute. I stacked three flowers from my stash, with a jewelry spacer and mini brads, with Martha Steward branch punch as leaves.

My sentiment is again a Cloud 9 epoxy sticker on pink paper... and how true is that sentiment?
Ok... Donkey update: We weaned Freddie and Pavo yesterday, it was actually pretty funny at the time. We have moved donkeys around over and over since being in the "business". And every time we move more than one donkey I always... always get the stubborn donkey. You know the one that plants their hooves in the ground sits back and says "No, I don't think so"... Hubby always says it is because I just don't know how to tell them how to go, I don't handle them with authority... well yesterday... I took Freddie out first and just walked away. He actually trotted along with me like he was excited to see where we were going. And Hubby got Pavo, well first he had to catch him, then harness him... that took a while. Then I tied Freddie up and went in and helped get the harness on correctly and get him out of the pen, Darlene "MOM" did not want him to leave. I went on with Freddie and headed off to the Youth pen... no problems, very simple, and all went smooth as I put him into the pen. I turned around and Hubby was still way around by the old pen. Pulling and pushing Pavo who had decided that he didn't think it was time to leave Mom. I just stood their and laughed, hard and out loud. Hubby didn't find it funny... so I went and walked behind Pavo and tapped him along. Once both boys were finally in the youth pen all the other donkeys were very interested in the new guys and lots of chasing went on for awhile. Then the Mom's started up... yes still this morning they are calling out to their babies! Hope the neighbors like lots of Heeing.. and Hawing for a day or two - LOL
Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday - me... close to home.. keeping an eye on Vicki today ;0)
HUGS and-

15 comments:

Chris (catt871) said...

GORGEOUS!!!! I love all the browns and your colouring is amazing as ALWAYS!!!!! LOVE IT!!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorjuss for sure Michelle!!

Jacilynn said...

Soo cute! Great job. I love it

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Michele,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Cathy said...

Michelle,
I love your Gorjuss card!! So pretty with that fabby cardstock!! That stuff is yummy1 LOL
Hugs, Cathy

Penni said...

Love this card, the colours are great.

I know what you mean about not buying anymore stamps. I keep saying this too, but never see it through - it's this darn internet shopping thing lol!!!!

Hugs
Penni
x

Mel said...

GORGEOUS card love all the browns :)
Mel x

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

I really love your card. You rock the gorjuss girls. I think you will need the stamps by your own ;) Why are there so many cute stamps out there?

Kristen said...

I love that card! I love using pink and brown together!!

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Michelle, Gorjuss is beautifully coloured and I love the torn edges
Clairex

Kristie W. said...

This is just Gorjuss! Love the brown/pink combo and the stacked flowers. Great work!

Linda said...

What a stunning card...love how your embellishments really flow so nicely together!!

Happy Crafter said...

Really beautiful card Michelle i love the gorjuss girls and you did this one proud absolutely GORJUSS.
Val x

Nilla said...

Beautiful card, love how you coloured your first Gorjuss, just gorgeous! Hugs Nilla

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, cute image and beautifull coloured, love the pretty colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x