Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Sketch from A Spoon Full of Sugar

Today is another sketch ... from a Spoon Full of Sugar! I loved this one and think I will be using it again. Love the circle and the flourish!


For my card I decided it was time to ink up one of my Greeting Farm Ian's that I hadn't gotten a chance to use yet. Isn't he a dapper little dude? I colored him with my Copics , then used my white gel pen to add more stripes and high light. Chalk is used for the back ground, and then a grass stump stamp for added more detail. I was asked if I do my Chalk first or stamp first. I stamp my image, then do the chalk. That way any chalk that gets onto the image is wiped away with my Copics.

My card starts with a white card base. The black background is a scrap.. aren't you proud of me I have been really using up some of this mountain of scraps! The grey pattern is from DCWV, and the red circle is BoBunny. I used Martha Stewart Double Dot Scallop for my band across the middle, then added a black and white gingham ribbon. My Flourish is from Heidi Grace - I high lighted it just a bit with my black glaze pen. Happy Birthday is from my Label Maker, why did I put off buying that for so long? I love that thing! Then I went through my button box and found misc. buttons a few of which are felt, thought they looked different. For the end I stitched the edges with my white gel pen and my black glaze pen.

It is a great sketch to work with - hope you will give it a go and join in on the challenge this week. The girls have gotten another great prize this week!

Hope to catch up on some blog reading today - while doing my "chores" of the day LOL! Have a great Tuesday!

HUGS and-

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Michelle your right Ian is a Dapper little dude,Hugs Debbie x

Jessica Diedrich said...

Oh, Michelle this is DARLING!!!

Caryn said...

Gorgeous card Michelle - love to see funky cards for boys - my mojo goes for a burton whe I try to make one!!!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Brittany said...

Beautiful card! I just love that sketch and what you came up with. Great work!
-Brittany xx

Ida said...

Just adorable. Wonderful colors and perfect embellishments make a very fun card.

Kelly Schelske said...

How sweet Michelle!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

He looks mighty fine Michelle! I love your colouring and you did a great job with the sketch, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Nilla said...

Great card, love the colours! Hugs Nilla

Maria said...

Wow, Michelle! You followed the sketch perfectly!! I love that sketch. . I may just use it. Your Ian is adorable. . love the red/black color combo!! He looks pretty Scottish in his outfit. Love all the stitching too!! Beautiful job!

Maria

Suzanne said...

Michelle he is sooo cute and this sketch is fab, gorgeous card. Sue :o)

Cathy said...

So, so cute!! I love it!! Very sweet.

Hugs,Cathy