Friday, June 19, 2009

Just Magnolia's Summer!

That is right it is summer... well maybe not by the date of the calendar, I think there is still a week until it is technically summer but it is HOT and school is out - so it is SUMMER! Just Magnolia's is celebrating summer today - that is the theme - make a summer card with any Magnolia image.

Ok, I made my card at my Crop last weekend... it really didn't seem that bright at 10 pm after an entire day of coke and chocolate... but now... Warning: Please put on your shades - ;0)

Well since there is a Summer theme, I figured Tilda in her swim trunks and float tube was the best choice - Around here in Texas, floating the rivers in inner tubes is the thing to do when it starts to heat up... not me - give me an air conditioned room with a view and I am much much happier. But Tilda looks like she is ready to have some fun. All colored up with my Copics and stickled wings.
My card started with a white card stock base, the pattern paper dots is from I think American Crafts - the orange is the back side of it... love that! For my waves I used a piece of Heidi Grace shimmer paper, then EK success border punch. I inked the edge to make the waves pop. I created a "sun" with a circle of yellow shimmer paper - inked with orange ink. Seemed kind of boring so I found a chipboard yellow flower in my stash and centered it on my sun.
I also found a sun charm in my stash, so I hung it from the center of the flower with a jewelry spacer and chain. Love the charm it is two sided... one with the happy sun face -
And the other with the words "Made with a Smile" love that!
My "SUMMER SPLASH" is cut with my Making Memories Slice - For a finishing touch I doodled the edges with a white gel pen.
I warned you that is was bright - Oh well summer is bright and sunny right? Now for some prettier summer cards make sure to visit the JUST MAGNOLIAS blog and see the other DT's work... much more calm and relaxing! LOL And why not join in? A great prize again this week!!
Long list for me today - I have to go to the post office and the grocery store - I didn't make it there yesterday on MIL shopping day - her list was long and I just got to tired of shopping before we made it there. So out I go again today :0) Hope you have a wonderful Friday - what do you have planned for the weekend? Any thing special?
HUGS and-

9 comments:

sophiesmama said...

Just too cute...I love it!
Blessings,
Mary

Mel said...

Wow your colouring is fab love the card and the little charm is so cute :)
Mel x

Happy Crafter said...

Great card Michelle so summery and gorgeous image and papers love the charm too :)
Hugzz Val xxx

Tracey said...

What a fantastic summer card! Love that Tilda!

Anonymous said...

this is fabulous Michelle, great papers and beautifully coloured image. hugs rachxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Michelle,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute card hun, i adore the cute little tilda image you have used, tooo cute :)


xx

Martine

Powerful Search Engine said...

Love the image on top of the scene and those charms work perfectly, hugs Pascale

MiamiKel said...

Gaga gorgeous!!