Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Center of Oreo's are always best part....

Yep, my favorite part of the Oreo cookie is the center. Mmmmm love the icing center. Love to eat the icing first from being a kid to now I eat the middle first. And my donkeys are no different. The centers of the bales of hay are the best part. They eat out of the middles first, then work their way out. It scares me sometimes because they will hollow them out and they fall. I worry someone may be inside when it does... but I always worry about my children.



This is Darlene, with the newest bale in their pen. The one I showed last week that they were not allowed to have until they finished the first one. Well they have started up on the new one. Within a week it will be hollow and fall over. Now some asked last week if the two of the Donkeys were pregnant in that group shot. Yes, Darlene is one that is. She is due late Oct-early Dec. But even when she isn't pregnant... she looks like this. She is my kind of girl, really big boned... she has had a lot of babies in her life, and lots of weight gain. Her neck has fallen due to so much weight... but we still love her dearly. She is one of our first Donkeys. Our lead Momma, experienced, calm and loving to all of the babies in the pen.... as long as they don't try and take her feed - then she is scary! Diego my first baby is her son and Julio last years baby was hers as well. Can't wait to meet this years baby.
This is Annabelle, she is my other Mom to be for this winter. We have no idea when she is due. Could be next week, could be December. We didn't "plan" her pregnancy. And did not see her come into season and get bred. She is bred with Raffie, our spot. This is her first baby. I am always so nervous with new Moms. With Darlene, she has been there so many times, there is no panic. Oh I will still be there just in case their is a problem, but she is a Nurse all on her own. But first time Moms can really be spooked with birthing and bad things can happen. Like this last spring and Victoria's baby that we lost. So I will be on 24 our call when we think Annabelle is close. Hopefully she will show us some signs.... She is a sweet girl, as a young girl she was right in the middle of everything and first wanting the love and attention. Since being pregnant she is more off on her own... and standing to the back of the pack waiting patiently for the attention. Odd how fast she grew up and changed but I guess pregnancy changes a lot.... Love this photo of her out in the pasture... her tail was blowing in the breeze.
Ok... I know I showed Lina last week and I try and show different ones each week and spread the love ya know. But I got this one of Lina and just had to share it. Can't you hear her? "HELLO..... Please come and pet me!!!" She is one sweet baby......
Well I am moving slow this morning... got in last night from my crop about 12:30. I am going in today around 2 or 3 and it goes until midnight again.... And I was so tired from my insane day yesterday I didn't get a lot done. You see, besides helping Hubby put in Insulation in the addition, and repairing fencing yesterday - I ran around like a crazy person trying to save food! I came thru the kitchen and nearly fell on my you know what when I slipped on a huge puddle of water yesterday afternoon. Where did the water come from you ask... My refrigerator. Yep, my freezer was thawing all over my floor. Wasn't working at all. Horrible mess. But thankfully the fridge was still working. As the lights still worked I know it wasn't the plug... So I panicked moved what I could save into my chest freezer and MIL's freezer. Called the repair center. Soonest they can get here is Wednesday....great. Two hours later went to get Hubby a drink out of the fridge...it was warm. Yep it stopped working too. We moved it out to clean behind it (don't want the repair man to think I never do that you know LOL) Moved it back in to place and guess what, they are both working again. But I am not falling for it - I will not put all the food back in until I know it isn't going to do it again, and I am going to go ahead and have the repair center come out and check it.
Well have a great Saturday and craft something!
HUGS and-

6 comments:

christina d said...

As usual, I love all the girls. What sweet babies. Sorry to hear about the fridge. It never rains but it pours.

Suzanne said...

Oh it is so funny how they like the middle bit best!! They are all so cute I don't know how you ever get any work done. Good luck with the fridge my experience of electricals is once broken never the same!!! Sue :o)

Heather "Hev" said...

Thanks for sharing the gorgeous photos :)

Sounds a fun thing they do - and I can see your worry - I bet they see it as a game and see when it will fall.

Annie said...

thanks for sharing the pics with us again Michelle, those donkeys are so cute - and don't forget to give Gloria a hug from me!

As to domestic appliances as we call the 'white goods' in the UK - a kick in the right place, a jiggle about and some threatening behaviour often work, as my repair man found out when he dislodged the money in my washing machine filter that had stopped it working! Have fun at the craft store and try and get some sleep, somewhere! hugs, annie x

Anonymous said...

Gorgous pictures Michelle, thanks for sharing. I'm curious why they eat the middle part first...is it more moist I wonder? I love them all and if they were mine, I'd definitely get no cards made, I'd want to be with them all the time!
Hugs
Carole ;D

Chris (catt871) said...

They are sooo cute!!!! You are so lucky!!!!