Thursday, September 4, 2008

A pure Whiff of Joy!

Oh my I am so in love with Whiff of Joy stamps! Can't wait to get the new ones that were just released Wednesday! Take a look really the Guardian Angels are just too precious!





So it was perfect to use one of Katharina's new stamps on one of her sketches... Papertake Weekly has a great one this week!








I colored up Winter Charlotte with Cat with my Copic Markers and white gel pen. I chose my colors to match the fabulous ribbon I had planned to use as one of my bands on the sketch.









Now this also gave me the opportunity to use some new paper I just picked up at Michael's. OH MY this stuff is just well... Yummy! It is called Expressions Papercraft by Canson. And it is a pad of solid colored papers with 8 textures made into the paper! It adds so much richness to the card! I soooooo hope you can see this from the photographs. This texture is called Moire, and it looks like a rich satin ribbon. Oh I am going to have to hunt down and see if I can find more colors of this stuff!







I used a pre-cut card base and then a scrap to mat the image. I love the ribbons as the bands. I think the two bottom ones are American Crafts, the larger one is a scrap I purchased at the fabric store, then the top one is from Michael's collection. I gel pen stitched the edges of the card and the image with my white gel pen. The sentiment is from Stampin Up, and is cut out with a Stampin Up Word Window punch. I love the colors of this card. You know I think this is the hot colors this year, as I was at the mall the other day and in the housewares section of Macy's everything was these colors, from dishes to bedding!









Rosie Update: She is doing soooo much better, the meds have kicked in and she is almost 100% herself. She came to us this morning, she hugged me (she rest her head on my shoulder and pushes her body against me with her tail wagging) and as we were leaving the pen after lots of lovin, she trotted after me and Hee Hawed!!! Oh it made me so happy! She still has a week or more of meds to take, and we still have to figure out what she is allergic too but she is feeling better and that is number one!






Well I hope you have a great Thursday, and have some time to do some crafting.. me Hubby is home today and we have some pen fencing work planned. But I do see some papercrafting time later in the day!



HUGS and-





30 comments:

Annie said...

I'm glad that Rosie is getting better, and hopefully with some new meds from the doc, I will too! love your card with that adorable image. annie x

Jingle said...

Glad to hear that Rosie is doing better! Your card is so cute! I love how you pay so much attention to the details in the hair. It makes such a big difference!

Colleen said...

So glad that Rosie is doing much better.

Rach said...

beautiful card Michelle, such lovely colours they all work together really well. I am so glad that rosie is better..Hugs rachxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi Michelle
Yet another beautiful card! I love this design. I ordered my Whiff of Joy stamps yesterday and can't wait for them to turn up. You are soooooo talented.
Hugs Linda x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Michelle,I love the colour combination you have used. This is a beautiful image, you have coloured it perfectly. Glad to read that Rosie is getting better.
Hugs
Carole ;o)

Sharon said...

Happy to hear that Rosie is feeling better now. Beautiful card and the colours are just fab.

Bev said...

Fabulous card Michelle, love blue and brown together! Love your oclouring too - it's amazing!
hugs Bev x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful Michelle, Love your new papers and the image is just so sweet, love the kitty. I'm so pleased to hear Rosie is getting better, Hugs, Nikki x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Michelle I love the image and ribbons, so glad Rosie is feeling better and on the mend you must be releived Jill x

Suzanne said...

Scary I just posted my first whiff of joy card too!! Yours is just so gorgeous I just love the colours (this is the colours in my lounge chocolate and teal) almost good enough to eat. I have ordered 4 of the new ones just need more time!! I need to work to buy the stash but I need time to play more!!. Sue :o)

Mrs Mayne said...

This is lovely! Love the teal colour! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Donna Baker said...

what a sweet image! your card is fabulous and so is your coloring (as usual)

Heidi said...

This is a great cards. And I am so happy that Rosie is feeling better. Give her hugs for me. Heidi

Christine said...

What a lovely card, that image is so pretty!
Hugs Christine

CraftyC said...

Love the colours on the card and a great image!
Clairexx

Allison Rankin said...

Another great one...love the new image and that sketch is great!

kes said...

this is stunning.
glad rosie is felling better
kes
x

Cuchy said...

Love your colouring. Sooo beautiful card. M.Carmen

PaperSunshine said...

Oh that sounds so sweet! Donkey hugs, who would have known? My horses never did that! I am so glad she is doing much better and I am sure it takes a load off your heart :)

Patti Smith said...

I'm so glad to hear Rosie is better and her hugs just sound precious....I love the colors on the card today and that ribbon is very pretty....

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I just found your blog! WOWZERS! You are simply amazing! Thank you for sharing...gonna be busy doing some reading and viewing tonight ;) THANKS!

Mrs Wonka said...

what a great card, I love it
mrs Wonka x

Marcel Frei said...

This card is really really amazing. The colouring is fantastic, especially Charlotte's coat and the cat. I also like the shading you made to indicate the ground.

Katharina Frei said...

Oh WOW Michelle!!! When Marcel came home for lunch, he told me that he saw your wonderful card and if I had already seen it. I came over right away and was stunned the minute I saw it. What a wonderful coloration and perfect paper combination! Excellent!
Thanks for sharing!!!
Hugs
Katharina

Heather Huggins said...

Super cute!! I have to admit I'm totally in love with the whiff of joy stamps myself!!!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

awesome card.
love what you have created with the sketch

Janet said...

I am so glad to hear that Rosie is doing better. She is such a sweetie!

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card, the colour combination is fab and that image is adorable. Jillix

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, this is Stunning so wonderful. Your coloring is fantastic.......

Hugs
Heike