Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sarah Kay in a CD!

This week just flew by! Man where did it go? Here it is Sunday again and time for the Sarah Kay Challenge Blog, and this week it is a great challenge - to use a CD case in your work. Definitely made me think.



Well I finally decided to combine my CD with and accordion folder. I have been wanting to try making one of these and this seemed like a great time. So here is my Accordion CD image holder!



I started out by coloring my Sarah Kay image with my Copics and Sakura Glaze Pens. I cut her out with a border around the edge.


Now I didn't want to add much bulk inside so I made the accordion folds for the sides and attached them to a card stock back and pattern paper front. (this is a Heidi Grace Shimmer paper) I cut this down a million times to get it to fit perfectly into the CD... I was so nervous I would cut it too much and I had way too much time on the folds to ruin it. Once it fit just right, I added the ribbon, the image, the flower/leaf to the front and then on the inside I attached two pieces of the pattern paper to cover the attachment of the folded sides.



I wanted this to stay "slick" on the front. Nothing that would come off. That way you could carry it in a purse or mail with no worries. But I did have one slight problem... that nasty open area down the side. I really need to order some that don't have that, but this was all I had. So I attached a ribbon down that side just to cover the hole. I think it is a "neat" way to ship RAK images what do you think?



Run on over and see what all the other DT's came up with this challenge.... wow really creative! Then give it a try yourself!





A heads up... I am thinking I am over due for some blog candy. I think I actually promised at 10,000 to do it again at 20,000 - oops missed that. So I am currently putting together some goodies and should post it in a day or so. Keep an eye out!



Sunday - so better get my act together to meet the gang at the local cafe for breakfast. This is a tradition we have had for years - Sunday morning breakfast with friends. I had someone ask me about the cafe we go to each week. It really is an old fashion small town cafe. Gas pumps outside, red and white plastic table cloths on the tables. Large griddle cook top right out where you can watch the sweet ladies make your meal. Breakfast is plain and simple but always tasty. Their other menu items range from hamburgers to chicken fried steaks, meat loaf to fried chicken. A few Mexican foods (it is Texas you know!) and on Wednesday and Fridays all you can eat catfish! Gotta love it! Plus it is the best place to catch up on all the local "news" - not gossip these old farmers would never do that! Well better run or I might miss something shocking! ;0)



Hope you have a crafty day planned and HUGS!

17 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow pleased to see everything is up to your usual high standard and this is such a neat way to post images. Unlike some I posted to my sister from SBS9 for her birthday and where damaged by IKE!!! I am so pleased to find you well and still connected I did think about you last week when I was away!!! Everything I have missed this week is stunning hope to get back to normal soon. Sue :o)

Rach said...

WOW!
This is a fantastic idea..how clever and such a better way to post out images....i am definitely going to borrow this fabby idea hope that this is ok)Michelle..and how beautiful it looks...way to go hun. Hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

How cool is that?! And so creative!! It sure would make me think. Great job!

Ila said...

What a Fabulous idea Michelle!! I love your image, coloring and the way you designed the this....I am back from holidays....and catching up on all the Gorgeous creations I've missed!!...Hugs, Ila

Mandy said...

This looks absolutely fab Michelle, we definitely had the same thoughts this week! Love your vibrant colours, after I had done mine I felt it was a bit wishy washy!

Mandy

SusanBluerobot said...

this is a fantastic idea thanks

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, Michelle this is Stunning what a wonderful Idea. Your coloring is brilliant, love all the wonderful Details...

Hugs
Heike

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific work Michelle!

Heather Huggins said...

Wow super idea!! That would protect those wonderful images.

Patti Smith said...

Great idea Michelle...love this..Oh and the donkey stamps are sooooo cute. I have been out of town for a few days and I'm just catching up.....great cards
have a good week....

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow, that's a really fabulous idea Michelle, I'd love to try this sometime and a great way to send someone a few images. The paper is so pretty and image looks gorgeous, Congratulations on all those hits! Hugs, Nikki x

Ying Pang, said...

this is a very beautiful masterpiece!! I specially love your coloring!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wow.. wow.. this is awesome!!!
i love your creativity

Annie said...

what a fabulous gift idea Michelle! your colouring is gorgeous as always and love the pretty papers. hugs, annie x

Karin said...

Hi Michelle,

what a fabulous idea to use a CD-box for a giftbox.
Got to remember this one.
Love the colors and that cute Sarah.

Have a great day,
Hugs,
xoxo karin

Lim said...

What an amazing idea.. You rock girl!
Spectacular!
Hugs,
LIM

flatis stempelwelt said...

What a Fabulous idea Michelle!! I love your image, coloring and the way you designed this.
Hugs, Sonja xxx