Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Whiff of Joy - Guardian Angel








I am so in love with these new stamps! This image is Melinda hugging heart, from Whiff of Joy, isn't she beautiful! I colored her with my Copics, Sakura Glaze Pens, Spica Glitter Pens and even some stickles for her wings!














Now I wanted to do something special with this image, and so I pulled out one of my favorite sketches. This happens to be one of Katharina's sketches, and I will admit I have used it more than once. I
just love those scallops! I used pattern papers all from K&Company's Classic K pad. These papers are soooooo me! Actually this is my colors in my house! I chose card stock from Core'dinations that complimented the pattern papers and cut all my pieces.






Now when I put everything together the image background was so bright and white and just was too much for the antique papers, so I colored it! It has a cool look I think and made the wings pop even more. Then I sanded all the card stock and then sewed the pieces all together with the same color thread. When I punched the Martha Steward Doily Lace border I didn't think the cream color showed up well enough, so I punched it a second time and layered it as well. Love how that came out and will be doing that again. My sentiment is from Stampin Up and is centered in a Prima Flower.



I am so happy with how it came out and decided I would go ahead and submit it for Katharina's Whiff of Joy Guest DT call. Hope she likes it!



Today is Hubby's day off so we all know what I will be doing... following him around holding, handing, and helping with what ever he needs. Yea! Maybe I will get time off for good behavior and he will let me break off early for some craft time. Hope you all have a great Thursday and find craft time yourself!


HUGS and-

19 comments:

Paula's ponderings said...

I just love this card and the way everything just blends so beautifully together. Good luck with the DT call..I am sure it will be a winner....fingers crossed for you!

Sing hubby to sleep with a lullaby and take some time out! LOL

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Michelle this is another stunning card! You have coloured the image so beautifully and the way you 've put the card together is perfect. Loving the sketch too, can see why its one of your favourites.
hugs Linda x

Rach said...

way to go Michelle,
Your card is scrummy, the K&co papers work brilliantly. good luck with the gdt call. Hugs rachxx

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous card Michelle!! Good luck on the DT call:-)

Tanya said...

Very pretty card! I love what you did!

Alison said...

Stunning I'm sure Katharina will love it. Fab colouring.

Karin said...

Hi Michelle,

always a pleasure to watch at your creations.
I love the DP and the scalloped edge.
Your coloring is just great.
Good luck with the DT-call.

Have a great day,
xoxo karin

Allison Rankin said...

Love this! Those papers are great and that sketch looks like a keeper!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Michelle, love how you have created the doily border...neat idea. Good Luck with the GD for WOJ stamps.
Hugs
Carole ;-)

Frances said...

The is gorgeous Michelle - I love these K& co papers too and the scallops look fab with them. Good luck!

p.s I was browsing on the alota site and just saw the new donkey stamps which made me think of you, have you seen/got them yet?! they are so you :D x

Donalda said...

Girl this is just beautiful !!!!! The papers are just gorgeous dear

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

of course she is going to love it!!!
it is gorgeous.. all the cards you show us are so cute.
faboulous done michelle

Cynde said...

Michelle I really love this card. Your choice of colors and papers are delicious. You did a great job coloring her. Love all the detail work! Beautiful...
Cynde

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, the image is so cute and you have coloured it beautifully. Hugs Nikki x

Annie said...

so pretty and beautifully coloured, and of course I love those K&Co papers and would love your house! hugs, annie x

Michele Roos said...

Beautiful card. Love the image and the colours you used. Good luck for the Guest DT. Michele x

Trina said...

Very pretty card Michelle! I love that image and your colors are wonderful!! This is so beautiful...I wish you luck on the DT call!!

Victoria said...

a beautiful card that is fantastically balanced, good luck with the dt call x

Katharina Frei said...

Wooooow, your card is so romantic Michelle. Love this paper and how you coloured Melinda perfectly matching it :)
Stunning!!
Hugs
Katharina