Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pretty Pressings Sketch Challenge

I just love Claudia! That being said I had to give her Pretty Pressings Sketch Challenge a try. It is such a great sketch, and I followed it pretty well, except I was watching the baseball game more than I was paying attention I guess. My circle in the middle ended up a square. But other than that I think I did pretty good. Hopefully Claudia will not give me a failing grade for not following perfectly.


I used one of my new Whiff of Joy images , this is Oakley in bathtub and I think he is absolutely adorable! I loved coloring him with my Copics and Spica Glitter pens. After done coloring I put some Diamond Glaze over all the water areas to give it a shiny wet look. Really does look cool in person! You can sort of see it in the photograph.
I cut down as small as I could and then inked the edges. My mats are Core'dinations green card stock inked on the edge as well. The pattern paper is from K&Company Designer Pad, this is one piece, that is double sided... love when things work so well together and I don't have to cut into lots of papers! I followed the sketch, Ha, and inked the edges of the pieced of designer papers. For my embellishments I tried buttons, flowers, ribbons and nothing seemed to work right. I then remembered a Quickutz die that I purchased on sale at Hobby Lobby, I cut out the tabs and the buttons out of the same papers as the base and the mats. I inked the edges of the buttons and used a gel pen to stitch down the buttons. Love that they look like buttons but are flat, so much easier to mail! I am really happy how it came out! I may have to do this sketch again and try it with a circle next time ;) Run over and give Claudia's sketch a try... I read that there are prizes!
Oh and speaking of Whiff of Joy... RUN over to Bev's Blog "All the things I love" she has some Whiff of Joy Candy! and while there look at the awesome cards she makes no wonder she is on the Whiff of Joy DT... her work is gorgeous!
And also Elizabeth Bell... yes THE Elizabeth Bell has some candy on her blog too! This very stamp is part of it plus some of her art! and more! So check that out too... I just love her stuff, wow talent!
Gotta get my day going... I just might get enough time to do some blog surfing and catch up! I also want to clean my craft area today... I might get buried if I don't do something soon the stacks around my chair are getting pretty high! Then some ink time! Hope you find some too!
HUGS and-

15 comments:

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oh wow.. how adorable!!!!
you colored awesome... and i love how how this card looks like using the sketch

love it
hugs and thanks for giving it a try.

love
claudia

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Schelske said...

Awesome job Michelle, love the placement of the embellies too!!

Rach said...

oh wow Michelle this looks fabulous. great take on the sketch...even though your circle is a square..hehe. I like it, i like it a lot. Hugs rachxxx

Camilla said...

Ohh really wonderful!! So fun to see you done it too, and today!!:) Love what you have done with teh water. I did the same, but only with some of the bubbles. But it is hard to get it on photo!
Stunning card again Michelle!:)
Hugs, Camilla.

Annie said...

another fabulous card Michelle! hope you manage to get tidied up today .. .. I keep saying tomorrow will do! annie x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi Michelle
Stunning cards as ever, loving the way you colour your images. Hugs Linda x

Katharina Frei said...

So stunning Michelle!!! Love how you coloured Oakley and the bathtub.
Great interpretation of the sketch also!!
Hugs
Katharina

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Michelle and a great take on Claudia's sketch. Beautifully coloured and such a sweet image!
Hugs
Carole ;-)

Sharon said...

sweet image and gorgeous card Michelle. Love it!
Oh have you seen the new Alota donkey stamps yet????? Soooo cute!

Allison Rankin said...

Great tub card Michelle!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, love your colouring and the cute image. Hugs Nikki x

Justine said...

Great card thanks for the inspiration. I'm going to try that challenge to.

Karen said...

I think this is a great card! The 'buttons' are fantastic: Really had to look twice at them not being real ones!

tyrymom29 said...

WOW, love this card It looks awesome and the coloring is perfect !!!