Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Spoon full of Sugar is SO Charming today!




Yep, things are just "Charming!" The challenge this week at a Spoon Full of Sugar this weeks is to use a charming character or Charms on your card. How cute it that? Now I have been really loving charms lately. I blame Camilla my fellow DT at Spoon Full of Sugar... she sent me some gorgeous charms last month and I have just adored them. So I have been out seeking more myself. So the challenge this week was just perfect timing for me.





I started out with a sweet image from Alota Rubber stamps "Girl with Rabbit", isn't she just precious? I colored her with my Copics. Hubby came in the room just as I finished her and I showed him. Now this is funny....... He said "Yea she is cute, but she needs some pizazz, you some of that bling you talk about" LOL! But he was right, So her dress and her hair have a light layer of twinkling H2O's (darn it you can't see that in the photo, I tried with a million photos!) I also decided she needed some glitter shoes, so I used my glue pen and colored her shoes then tapped oh so lightly ultra fine pink glitter on her shoes. Don't they look cute!
So now for the card, I picked a bright pink rose colored pink for the base and a small piece of DCWV Sweets pattern paper, it has some sparkle to it as well. I didn't want lots of patterns I remembered my Quickutz large Flourish die and cut it out, then ran it through my Cuttlebug with the swiss dots embossing folder and sanded it, neat look. The image is cut with the large Nestibility circle and then the matching scallop out of the base card stock. I inked the edges with a medium pink around the image and then a pale pink on the scallops. I gel pen stitched the image down.
I picked four Prima flowers that matched and then had sooooo much fun going through charms picking the perfect ones. First the large Charm that reads "friends" was just the perfect color and works great as my sentiment, I attached it with a mini brad. There are two hanging heart charms and two spacers all held down with pink mini brads. Love this!
Very girlie I know but I like it! Please, run over to A Spoon Full of Sugar and take a look at all of the Charming cards, the other DT's really did some fabulous work this week! And CC Designs donated some great images as a prize this week!
Gotta get going today - I am having lunch with people I use to work with in another life. HA it seems that way, these people are wonderful friends and I miss them dearly, so I am looking forward to seeing them. Hope you have a great day and get inky!
HUGS and-

21 comments:

Linanna DESIGNS said...

This is yet another stunning card Michelle, im totally in awe of your crafting talent. Hugs Linda x

Bubbles said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, so pink and pretty, the little girl is so cute and love how you have added the charms to the centres of the flowers yummm..!!
Joanne x

Suzanne said...

Oh what a cutie and don't these men make you laugh when they think they know what they are talking about!!! bless but the pizazz looks great as do the charms.Gorgeous colours too. Sue :O)

Danni said...

This is such a cute image! love the pink and very clever way to add the charms!

Camilla said...

This is supercute Michelle!! And the charms looks great!!
Hugs, Camilla.

Debbie said...

Another Gorgeous card Michelle Love the Charms and the cute image, Hugs Debbie x

Annie said...

beautiful card Michelle and I love those charms. I'm hoping there will be some at the craft fair this weekend as there are usually a few beading stalls .. .. hugs, annie x

Jilli said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous girly card, love it! Those charms look amazing and that image is adorable and as always coloured perfectly! Jillix

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hi Michelle, stunning card i love the cute image and the wonderful charms. Hugs Nikki x

Donalda said...

Michelle this is just adorable dear. Just gorgeous

Deb said...

such a pretty card Michelle, love the sweet image and those charms are gorgeous!

Kelly L said...

Wow, Michelle, terrific card. So pink, pretty, frilly, and ooooh so girly! I love it. I would have never thought to use the charms like that! :) Kel

Allison Rankin said...

Loving those primas...great closeup!

Christine said...

Absolutely adorable! The colours are really nice, and the embellishments are perfect!
Hugs Christine

Lim said...

WOW... I loooove love love this card. The colors are amazing, the stamp is GORGEOUS and all those charms, swirls and flowers are beautiful...
Love it!!! You are so talented my friend.
Hugs,
LIM

Trina said...

Your card is adorable!! I love the image and the gorgeous colors!! Love the charms too!

Renee said...

How adorable! That is the sweetest stamp! Love all the colors and the layout...darling!

Gina said...

Gorgeous card, the image and colours are great but those shoes Awww they are the cutest :)
Gina xxx

Nicole Bailey said...

so super adorable!!!!

Heather Huggins said...

Fabulous!! Love the little charms I'm going to have to find me some of those.

flatis stempelwelt said...

This is supercute Michelle!! And the charms looks great!! love them
Hugs, Sonja xxx