Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pretty in BLUE?

This week the challenge at Sarah Kay Challenge is to use Blue as the main color in your card. Great challenge, because it leaves it soooo open to what ever you want to do just use blue! Any shade of blue!







I used a dark blue card stock as the base of my card, and then chose a K&Company paper as the pattern paper. And it was a scrap so bonus points for me personally! I decided I wanted to use one of the Sarah Kays that I could color in lots of denim... so I chose "A kiss for ChloƩ" love those over-alls! I colored them with my Copics and then inked the edges with a dark blue ink, matted with the same card stock as the base.





How how about those flowers, lovin' my new EK Success Retro Flower Punches. I have been admiring them for so long on other blogs, and when punches were on sale last time.. I got two sizes! I punched three, one large and two small out of the blue card stock. Then I placed them upside down on a mouse pad and with a bone folder I rounded the petals out, it really gave some shape to them! I then punched a small flower out of what was left from the pattern paper, it is the pattern on the other side of the dotted paper, and used buttons for the centers. My flourishes, die cuts from Quickutz, are also K&Company scraps and has a vintage script pattern on it and looks kind of cool cut into the flourishes and also the sentiment that is a Cuttlebug die cut.

I gel pen stitched down the edges of the card stock and the image.. then for some fun I stitched around the petals of the flowers... love how that came out!



Ok, now for more blue inspiration.. run over and see the other DT cards at Sarah Kay Challenge Blog! and to see all of the Sarah Kay images including the BRAND NEW Christmas images that very soon will be available... go over to STAMPAVIE and take a look, the new ones are so cute and I can't wait to get them!





I'm off... it is Sunday, so Breakfast at the local cafe with the locals! Hope you have a great day, with family and friends and time to get inky!

HUGS and-

17 comments:

Holly Young said...

how darling! I just love it!

Marcea said...

How perfect is your card. So many little details that I adore, you have put so much time into it and it shows. Love your image and colouring. I must get some of these punches, your flowers are beautiful
-x-

Anonymous said...

lovely card
I love the colors!!!!

Chris (catt871) said...

Beautiful in Blue!!!! LOVE this card a lot!!! I have the small retro flower, where did you find the large one?? I love mine too, need to pull it out more!!!!
Chris

Kathy ~~~ said...

Beautiful job! Love it!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, Love the gorgeous button flowers and swirls and beautiful colour image, Hugs, Nikki x

Annie said...

wow, just adorable, love the denim overalls! and I couldn't find those retro flower punches at the craft fair so will have to get them on line from somewhere! hugs, annie x

Rach said...

Michelle this is stunning...love the blues and the swirls and the doodles...i love it all. hugs rachxx

Donalda said...

Girl this is just breathe taking!!! The color of blues you have used and all the detail is just gorgeous dear. And your coloring is as beautiful as always

Gina said...

lovely card, the blues are gorgeous
Gina xxx

Nancy said...

The blues are really pretty for this card!

Suzanne said...

Beautiful and I just love the dark blues they look stunning. Great donkey pictures yesterday your pregnant donkey should have a wide load notice pinned to he tail!!! Sue :o)

Deb Wood said...

This is so sweet and pretty! I love the stamp, coloring, flowers, scrolls!! Beautiful!

LOUISE said...

Gorgeous card, love the colouring Michelle. Louise x

Frances said...

Love the layout Michelle and those flowers are gorgeous - I've been umming and ahhing over those retro punches and haven't given in yet - but you're making it harder to resist,haha. xx

Ila said...

Wow!! I love, love this card...love the colors, flowes, layout and the way you colored this image....Beautiful!!..Hugs, Ila

Unknown said...

oh.. what a nice card.. so pretty