Friday, September 19, 2008

Cute as a Cupcake!

I have had this pattern paper for months! Just waiting to use it at the perfect time. Well guess what this weeks challenge is at Cute Card Thursday? Food! And from the look of all of the gorgeous DT cards Cupcakes were on the mind of many of them! So this Heidi Grace cupcake paper was a perfect background!




I decided that I just really needed to ink up one of my new Magnolia Autumn Stamp Club stamps... but I don't have the cute Tilda holding the cupcakes, so I picked this sweet Tilda sitting and placed her leaning back against a giant cupcake from Hero Arts! A chocolate one to boot! mmmm yummy!
I layered on a brown card stock and then a light yellow. The band across the middle is actually the back side of the cupcake paper... love that! I rounded the corners of everything with my Fiskars Squeeze Punch. Now that I have done that it qualifies for this weeks Dutch Dare Challenge. YEA! A double duty challenge card! Tilda and the cupcake are colored with my Copics and Sakura Glaze Pens. And the straps and buttons are Quickutz die cuts.
Now I didn't have any room for a sentiment... so I decorated the inside with the same papers and cut out cupcakes! The sentiment is from Stampabilities.
Short post today.. it is MIL shopping day, and I need to get moving and get ready. Lots of errands today and I am limping so it will be a challenge to get around. Had a sheet of 1/2 plywood fall ontop of my foot yesterday... mmmm my favorite shade of purple today! But doesn't seem to be broke so it is all ok, cuz after it happened I was worried it was! OUCH!
OH and I got some great Donkey photos yesterday that I can't wait to show on Saturday! Hope you have a great Friday and have some crafting time!
HUGS and-

25 comments:

Annie said...

that would be what my granson calls an "ow-eeee!" you have on your foot, I hope it's not too painful for you. The card is delicious, that is one big cup-cake! have a good day, hugs, annie x

Karin said...

Hi michelle.

Fabulous card.
I love the colors and great DP.
Thanks for joining the Dutch Dare Challenge.

Have a great weekend,
xoxo Karin

PS: hop over to my blog, there's a award waiting for you.

Cathy said...

Oh wow - fab card. I love the dp and colours. Great image too.
Cathy xx

Tricia T said...

Adorable, Michelle! I love that Magnolia girl. She's so sweet! Great colors and use of dp!!

Rach said...

mmmmm yummy.
fabulous card Michelle...hope that your foot isn't too bad. though sounds very painful. hugs rachxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is yummy Michelle, Love the dp and your cute new Tilda, Your poor thing, I hope your foot is ok. Have a great weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, I love how you have coloured Tilda. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Allison Rankin said...

Pretty!

Maria C said...

what an awesome card - love it.

Kelly Schelske said...

Yummy, yummy card Michelle! fabulous!!

jo said...

oh its sooo stunning hun, huggs jo x

Heidi said...

Wow this is just so cute my friend. Love everything about it. Great colors and details. You are so talented Michelle.

Hugs and love
Heidi

Bev said...

Michelle, that cupcake looks good enough to eat!! Fantastic card

hugs Bev x

Beth said...

Wow, she'll be full after this cake! Love it! Love the papers too!

Donalda said...

Oh this is so adorable dear. I do love the paper that is for sure and love the coloring dear

PaperSunshine said...

Love it! Love the colors too, cute as can be :) I look forward to the Donkey pictures!

Lori

Lilian said...

Hi, I came from Claudia's blog :) Your card looks great , colors, DP and of course Tilda. I do agree that your cards look bright (when pictured) I only place my cards on top of the sofa lol! Hope your foot is on the mend too. :)

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

Oh my... this is SOOOO wonderful! I love everything, the cuuute papers, the colours and all. PERFECTLY!

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card! Love the papers and that new Magnolia stamp looks fab... I got them too, but not managed to use that one yet. Your colouring is as always fantastic. Can't wait to see the new donkey photos. Jillix

kes said...

hope your foot is better today, just popped by to see pics alas I will come back later hee hee or is that hee haw!!!!!!!

Great card and fab colours
kes
x

Caroline said...

Stunning card! I love it

Tara Godfrey said...

YUM-O!!!! Michelle, this is fantastic...love Tilda and the fantastic yummy cupcake...great colouring and love the pp and colours!!!!!
Tarag

Dawn said...

Scrumptious card - those colours are gorgeous together as is your colouring!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

sooooo cute!
love the coloring michelle

Lene Aase said...

I love this vard, it's so cute:)

Hugs Lene