Saturday, September 6, 2008

Out for a Bike Ride!





Ha not me... don't even own a bike, but I love Rosalie's bicycle. I think it is wonderful with her two baskets!











This card is for this weeks Sarah Kay Challenge Blog. A wonderful sketch this week. I do hope you get a chance to play with us at the site.




For my card I colored Rosalie and her bike with my Copics and white gel pen in colors to match paper from K&Company. And I had to color her puppy as a border collie... oh how I wish my baby Bonnie was still a puppy!






I matted her with the gorgeous teal blue/green Bazzil card stock and inked the edges to give a distressed feel. For my scallops to follow the sketch I wanted the larger scallops so I used my Fiskar's medium Circle squeeze punch and punched six circles. I drew a line on the back of my plaid band 1/2 the size of the circles and then attached the circles in a straight line across the top and bottom. The line really helps to make sure that the scallops are even across the edge and look like one piece of paper.


I inked them and the base and large pattern paper as well. I then found the exact same shade of thread in my box and sewed down everything. For just a bit of bling I added the four dew drops to the whole scallops. I did not use a sentiment, that way I can use it for anything later.


Do take the time to go and visit the Sarah Kay Challenge Blog, the DT work is so pretty this week! Love these ladies work!



Off to Sunday Breakfast with the local gang... then to my Sunday chores! Hope you have a wonderful day, enjoy some outside time, and then inside time crafting!

HUGS and-

14 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Michelle, love the cute image and the wonderful papers. Hugs Nikki x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

gosh this is awesome.
wonderful coloring

Suzanne said...

Beautiful and I just love the colours arn't these stamps just the best!! Sue :o)

Anonymous said...

Stunning card and your colouring is just fabulous and I love the colour scheme.
Hugs
Carole ;D

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous!! Beautiful coloring and the papers are divine!!

Rach said...

Michelle your card looks fabulous with all your stitching detail. Rosalie is coloured wonderfully . a beautiful card..
Hugs RAchxx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, great colour combo :)

Marlene x

Donalda said...

This is just gorgeous dear and I so love the colors.

Charith said...

Great stamp, really like the way you colored it. Your card is fanstic! Such nice papers.
Love it!

Allison Rankin said...

Another winner Michelle!

Kathy said...

Michelle your card is simple yet so gorgeous!! I love this. Those papers are my favorite!! AND your coloring is perfect!! Love your interpretation of the sketch!! Have a great day!! :)Kathy

(I spent along time on your blog because my daughter seen the donkey and made me go through til like May!! (LOL) Thanks too for entertaining them!! They loved the donkeys!!)

Annie said...

what a gorgeous card Michelle and fabulous scallops, now why didn't I think of doing them that way!
annie x

Chris (catt871) said...

GORGEOUS!!!!! I love the colours you chose and your colouring is impeccable!!!

Lim said...

Love it Michelle. The coloring is gorgeous and the layout and color combination awesome!

Hugs,
LIM