Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Tuesday Recipe------

A Recipe for my Tuesday Blog Post...


and Alota Gingerbread!






First for A Spoon Full of Sugar the theme this week is Christmas! Now for this weeks Challenge
we would love to see you make a Christmas card this week. It will be here before you know it and it was perfect timing as My Whiff of Joy images were just calling out to be inked!






I went through lots of Christmas pattern papers trying to decide what colors to go with, I love all the new colors that are being used for Christmas. But then I came across this piece of I think Daisy D's (it is a scrap) and it reminded my of Christmas when I was a kid. Bright Red and crisp Green. Well I pulled out one of those American Craft 5x7 card bases and went to work.


I first matted the piece of pattern paper on white card stock and sewed with a metallic thread. I love this stuff, you just cant see in the photograph how cool it looks in person. I colored Charlotte decorating Christmas tree with my Copics and Spica Glitter pens... I am showing a close up to you can see the ornaments and her dress. Love how they came out. I then used gold stickles for the star and the garland, this card sparkles baby! I sewed around the edge of the image and inked with red ink. I used a Bobbin Ribbon with Happy Holidays for my sentiment on the corner and a Prima Christmas Flower and leaf for the top. Simple but I like it!




Make sure you check out the other Spoon Full of Sugar DT cards this week, there are some really creative Christmas cards, some wonderful ideas to get you in the mood for the holiday!



My second card today is from Papertake Weekly and this weeks challenge is another of Katharina's sketches! YEA! Love her sketches!


While going through my Christmas papers I found this FABULOUS piece of shimmering Gingerbread men from Heidi Grace. I drool on her stuff, love the shimmer, the glazes and the flocked papers she puts out! Anyway this is from last year, and is a pretty pink shimmer paper and little gingerbread men. Well I immediately thought of one of the new release Gingerbread Family from Alota Rubber stamps! There are a few different Christmas stamps that are all adorable, but this one was perfect for this paper! So I stamped it out and colored with my Copics. Very simple coloring here. I cut the image out with my Fiskars Fingertip Craft Knife, I then matted the pattern paper on a dark brown card stock, and placed it on the American Crafts Card base (I am really getting my use of these aren't I?) Following Katharina's sketch I found a second Heidi Grace paper that coordinates with my shimmer paper and double matted it with red and brown. I used Doodlebug Sugar Brads for the corners and pop dotted my "family" on the top center. I decided a plain red ribbon was best for the band across the middle. The sentiment is also from Alota Rubber Stamps. Now I thought the family needed just a bit more, this I don't know if I am happy with or not. But I painted a very thin coat of stickles on them to give a look of sugar on them. I just don't know about that.. but what is done is done right? Other than that I love how it came out and think I might make a few more of these!



Well I had a lunch to go to today with some old friends, but it was just canceled... hmm guess I will just head out and run a few quick errands and get home early.... what will I do with the extra time today ;0) I see some extra inking time! Hope you find some too!

HUGS and -

21 comments:

Bubbles said...

Lovely cards Michelle, Charlotte looks so sweet decorating the tree, and the gingerbread family look great!
Joanne x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous cards Michelle Love the colours and the fab Images you have used, Hugs Debbie x

Rach said...

two fabulous cards Michelle love them both, brilliant colouring and images. hugs rachxx

cats whiskers said...

Great cards again Michelle love your colouring
Thanks for your kind words,lookinbg forward to working with you on ASOS
Hugs Jacquix

Annie said...

more great cards Michelle! Charlotte is really shining out on your christmas tree card, and those gingerbread men look delicious! Hugs, annie x

Cuchy said...

Brilliant cards Michelle! Love them both. M.Carmen

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Both cards are fabulous Michelle, Love all the sparkle on the first and Charlotte's dress looks fab, Hugs, Nikki x

Heather Huggins said...

Super cute! I love all the sparkle!!!

Anonymous said...

a-maze-ing!!!

Totally love the colour combo's and the images are fab!!

Great job Michelle!!

Hugs, Marlene x

Cynde said...

Love the cards Michelle! The gingerbread family is just too cute.
Absolutely adore the whiff of joy one, the colors are so crisp, clean and Christmas-ie
Adorable!!
Cynde

Donalda said...

These are so gorgeous dear. I just love them. Beautiful coloring too dear.

Allison Rankin said...

Such a cute Christmas card...love the glitter!

Trina said...

I just love that image for the challenge!! Great coloring and colors on this card. Love the ribbon too!!
The gingerbread card is adorable too! Love that designer paper!

Anonymous said...

So cute cards :)

Sharon said...

Two gorgeous Xmas cards Michelle. Love the colours of the whiff of joy, really bright.
The gingerbread card is lovely too. I'm afraid mine is uninked as yet.

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card! Your gingerbread men look fab! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

jo said...

wow stunning cards, love the xmas tree image very sweet,jo x

Bev said...

Oh my goodness! These are just fantastic cards Michelle - your colouring is spectacular!

hugs Bev x

Deb said...

amazing cards Michelle, the sparkle on Charlotte and the tinsel is fabulous and love the sweet Gingerbread family!

Patti Smith said...

both cards are wonderful...love them both!! puts me in the holiday mood!!

Mrs Wonka said...

How cute is the gingerbread family!!!! I love it!

Mrs Wonka x