Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Guardian Angel...







How excited was I when I got the mail yesterday evening? Well I nearly screamed when I saw the envelope from A Whiff of Joy! Well I stamped a few of them up right away! Oh they are so beautiful! And the quality is just fabulous! This is one of the ones I stamped out first and colored, she is from the guardian angel collection and is called "Melinda Helping Angel". She is the perfect Guardian Angel.








I colored her with my Copics, white gel pen and stickles for her wings. Her size is perfect to use on this weeks Friday Sketchers Challenge blog, so I found Basic Grey pattern papers and cut my pieces to fit the sketch from Heidi in Norway, it is a wonderful sketch and I see that I may be using it a lot more!








She is matted in two layers of card stock one to match the Basic Grey Papers, and then the second is the same pale yellow that is used for the base. Love these soft colors, I also inked the edges of everything with a pale blue ink to give shadow to it all. For the circles in the sketch I cut three flowers with my Spellbinders die. I used a piece of Core'dinations pink card stock so I could sand it and give it some additional color. I used large light yellow brads for the centers.







And yes I didn't forget it is Saturday... it is Donkey day! This morning I took a few photographs, one is Miguel... now this is what we call out Momma pen. It is a small birthing pen. At this moment it is being used as a penalty box. Or as parents of small children would call a "time out" area. Miguel is one of our Jacks. The jack that needs to be gelded... that is for sure now. He has not been able to get any of our girls pregnant. And Hubby just didn't want to geld him, he is a handsome and is a perfect sized and figure of a donkey. But he for some reason just can't do his job... and his testosterone is making him very aggressive. Not to us, he is a true love to us. But to other donkeys. He actually knocked pens over that were strapped together and beat up one of the standard donkeys... yes the large size donkeys and he is only 31 inches tall! To say the least he is one tough guy. Well he has an appointment this coming week to be gelded, and that should help his attitude. We love this guy and he should make a happy pet from here on.








My next two photo are of Rosita and another of her and her Momma Lacey... she is doing much better. Had a little set back a couple of days ago, but the meds are working again and she seems to be feeling better and is actually running and grazing with the others in the pen. Rosie is my girl, and I am so happy she is doing better. I just hope we keep her healthy this time.
You can see from this one photo that she has not lost a lot of her fur from last winter, this is because she has been so sick. I have been brushing her and trying to remove as much as I can, but she doesn't like the brushing, I think it hurt her in some areas so I didn't force the issue... we are going to shave her now that she is feeling better.
I also want to thank all of those that have been sending their well wishes with Hurricane Ike. We were totally spared here. No rain, No wind to speak of. It turned and didn't even come near us. Early predictions were for right across us, but now as you have probably seen in the news Houston was hit hard, at this moment is still being hit. Now I just pray that the people in that area are safe.
Hope you have a great Saturday planned, and have some time to spend with family... friends and stamps and ink!
HUGS and-

20 comments:

Rach said...

gorgeous card Michelle, fantastic papers and your image is coloured to perfection..love the flowers and how you have sanded them..your donkeys are sooo gorgeous..I am so glad that you and your donkey's were spared from hurricane Ike.. take care and have a lovely weekend. hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful.Your colouring is perfect.x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi Michelle
This card is gorgeous. The whiff of joy stamps are just fantastic, some of my very favourite just now. Hugs Linda x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hi Michelle, Your card is stunning as always. Glad to hear you and your donkey's are safe. Hugs Nikki x

PaperSunshine said...

I am so glad Ike missed y'all, I have been thinking of your donkeys and this storm! Yea! :) Your angel is lovely, great coloring!
Lori

Cynde said...

Hi Michelle...So glad Ike was turned and didn't come near your home. I to pray for all the people who have lost things. I only hope the people themselves are safe.
Thanks for the pictures of the donkeys. Rosita looks so cute! If you shave her, won't she get cold for winter that is coming? or does she have time to grow hair back?
Love your card. Love the whiff of Joy stamps. They were out of 2 that I wanted, so have to still order when they come in.
Love your blog!
Happy safe weekend...Cynde

darcy48 said...

What a stunning card and I love your donkeys too lovely x

Heidi said...

Michelle- I love Saturday with you and I am so glad that you, your family and your donkey's are all safe. I just want to hug them all. Heidi

kes said...

Phew!! Have been watching the news here in th uk and straight away thought of you and your donkey family, Someone special is looking down on you for sure. Probably because of all the good work you and your hubbie do. Glad all okay
Hugs and cuddles NO! not to you to Rosie!!!!! lol.
Kes
x

Anonymous said...

Love your card Michelle...so pretty and beautiful papers and colouring. Poor Miguel...if only he knew what was about to happen!!! Hope it calms him down! Thanks for joining us at FS again.
Hugs
Carole ;-)

Kristine said...

A super cute card Michelle!
And those donkeys are super sweet!
Thanks for joining FS this week!
Hugs KRistine

Annie said...

thanks for sharing the donkey pics with us Michelle and I'm glad you are all safe and well. And you made a beautiful card too, I rather like that flower die ... .. mm something else for my craft shopping list! hugs, annie x

Emma said...

Fabulous card as always Michelle. x

cats whiskers said...

Your WOJ card is beatiful as usual, thanks for the pics of the donkeys I love reading about them. Glad IKE missed you, the tale end of it hit Donalda over the weekend and she was without electricity, but she e-mailed last night and said how scared she had been
Hugs Jacqui x

Unknown said...

oh michelle, your card is really wonderful and so cute. the colours are so very pretty and looks so precious.
hugs, bea

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wonderful card.
thanks for joining the friday sketchers.
love
claudia

Gill said...

Gorgeous card, lovely colours and Melinda looks amazing, glad you are all safe, your donkeys are so lovely
lv Gill x

Kim Dellow said...

Oh so gorgeous. Kimx

Michele Roos said...

Beautiful card. Love the image and your colouring in is amazing. Michele x

COCO said...

very fantastic card !!!!!