Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wishing You "Well"

Sometimes you just need a pretty card - And there are some really "pretty" images that are new from Alota Rubber Stamps - now these images can be used with our cute stamps too, but they are perfect for just a simple card. You can see all of April's new images HERE and they include flowers, beach and baby images!



For my card I started with the new "Magnolia Blossoms" image - just love how versatile it is! I stamped it onto a Daisy D's sky pattern paper, then colored with my Copics. I matted it with a brown coredinations card stock and sewed around it with a zig zag stitch over and over. My background pattern paper is from Graphic 45, it is matted on green card stock and sewed down as well, I then used a Martha Stewart border punch with a scrap of white card stock.

The well is one of my all time favorite Alota Rubber stamps "Wishing Well". I have always loved it, and use it for many different cards. And the sentiment "Wishing You Well" is well.. perfect! I colored the well with my Copics, then cut out and put onto the card with pop dots.

Hope you like it.... Can't believe it is already Thursday - wow this week has flown by! Hope you are having a good week and have a great weekend planned.. it is almost here!

HUGS and-

18 comments:

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, love the scene! Hugs, Moni

Kathryn said...

Really lovely indeed--the details all harmonize so very well.

Have a great day!
--Kathryn

Linda aka backroads girl said...

Like it? No, I don't like it... I LOVE IT! This card is really awesome! Great job on all the details, the stitching, the MS border, and the Magnolia limb over that paper - Wow. And the well is just perfect. I'd love to receive a card like that.

Hugs, Linda

Helene said...

Love your card.

Hugs,
Helene

dawnmarieg said...

Gorgeous Michelle, beautiful scene you have built up, think I want to ge and live there! Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

daisy said...

what a lovely card!

hugs
daisy

Shary said...

Really pretty card Michelle. The wishing well is lovely isn't it. thank you for the congrats. :0)

Ida P. Krause said...

Very pretty card. I love the Wishing Well and the lacy edge border punch on the side is so lovely.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, love the image and your beautiful colouring and all the lovely detail. Hugs Nikki x

retiredheather said...

Wonderful card. Love that wishing well. Gorgeous work.
Hugs
Heather

jacque4u2c said...

Just fabulous!

Cynde said...

What a beautiful card Michelle! Love how you put it all together. I am in awe of all your cutting around the vine on the well. Such a beautiful card....what talent you have!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Maria said...

Beautiful card, Michelle! I love how the well is 3D. . .so pretty! It looks like it took a bit of careful cutting!! Beautiful job with your coloring too. I love what you did with the background!

Maria

Nilla said...

Lovely card, the whole blog is awesome, glad I found you! Hugs from Nilla

Martine said...

oh wow this is stunnning darlin, i love the papers you have used on this gorgeous card, and the tilda image is so cute and coloured wonderfully

xx

Martine

craftypagan said...

Gorgeous card! It is soooo pretty. I love that wishing well, haven't seen that before. I just got my first few alota stamps this week and I love them. They're a dream to colour aren't they? Hugs Rowena

Annie said...

beautiful card Michelle and perfect for those 'odd' people that don't like the cute people! hugs, annie x

Heidi said...

WOW- I love this card michelle, it is absolutely beautiful!