Monday, May 16, 2011

Baby Goat Iris - and Stampavie's New Vintage Stamps - on a Scrapbook page of my Grandparents

EDITED with Update on Iris -
I wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes for Iris, my baby goat. Sadly we lost her late yesterday afternoon. We have determined that since birth, her liver was not functioning properly. She fought a hard fight, and tried so hard to be strong - and lived much longer than she ever should have. But she just couldn't fight any longer. I held her most of the day yesterday - I will miss this baby goat terribly bad. She had tons of personality, but she isn't suffering any longer. This is the absolute hardest part of raising animals. But when you have 50+ animals, I am told it is just the law of averages that someone is bound to be sick, injured or need special attention in some way. But me... these are not just animals, they are my babies, each and every one of them and when they suffer, I suffer. Again thank you all for the prayers and well wishes for baby Iris-



For some reason as soon as I saw the vintage stamps I thought of my Grandmother, they just reminded me so much of her, I decided the first thing I needed to make with them was a scrapbook page for my 8x8 album. And I used one of my very favorite photos of them. I love this photo - I never knew my Grandfather, but I feel like I can see his personality in the photo, and I can see their 4 sons in his features. I totally adore this photo of my Grandma. I have always been told, I am just like her. Ok... so not so happy about the big rear end, but the rest, I am totally ok with.
I used two of the new stamps on my page. In the background I used part of the bird cage stamps for some added drama to the page.
And then on the bottom corner I added the chandelier – After all, my Grandma was the light of my life when I was a little girl. I have some mushy stuff written on a hidden panel behind the photo. I colored the chandelier with my pencils for just a tiny bit of color to it.
The pattern papers are from Prima, the masters at gorgeous vintage papers. And then kraft cardstock from Papertrey ink.

I have been enjoying my new scrapbook - especially using my stamping in my scrapbooking. Have you done any scrap booking? Do you use your stamps? Mixing my first hobby, my photos and my stamping... makes me :0)

Now make sure you pop over to the Stampavie DT Blog, and see all the great projects the DT have been working up with the new Penny Johnson Vintage Stamps! Inspiring!

Hugs and -

16 comments:

Cards By MI said...

So sorry to read about your baby goat. She was a beauty. Thinking of you.
Love n hugs

Kirsten Alicia said...

Good morning Michelle, I am sad to know that Iris is gone. As you say, illness & death are a part of raising animals, but it doesn't make losing one any easier, especially when she was just a baby. Take some comfort in knowing that you took great care of her & she is not suffering now. Hugs.
I must comment on your scrapbook page - it is beautiful. You have created a perfect frame for the wonderful photo & yes, I can see the resemblance between you & your grandmother.

petra,s cards said...

ooohhhooo this is sooo sad!!!!! but you give her all the love!!!
i think of you and iris!!! i hate it wenn annimals die, but that the reality!!
big hug!!! petra

LorraineB said...

I'm so sorry. That is really heartbreaking. It doesn't matter how many times we go through the loss of a pet/family member, it's devastating every single time. It's the one thing about being an animal lover that I hate. Every time I go through it I say to myself, when they're all gone, no more pets but I just can't live my life without animals in it, so I keep going through the heartbreak. I try to focus on the joy of having them. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Carol Dee said...

Wonderful page. Youe Grandmother is Beautiful. :) So sorry to hear about iris. Sending hugs...

Janette said...

So sorry about the baby goat Michelle, but like you say, not suffering any more.

I adore this page you have created, you are the image of your Grandmother, really such a pretty woman to.xx

Marilyn said...

So sorry to hear about Iris... but I'm sure there is a 'donkey heaven' & she's there & feeling fine. It is so hard to lose a pet & those who have more of a struggle are the ones that touch us the most.

Riet said...

So gorgeous Michelle.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anne said...

SO sorry to hear about loosing Iris! It is SO difficult to loose a 'fur-baby'!!!!!! But, if her liver was never working right, at least she isn't suffering any longer!

HUGS!!!!!!!!

Brooke said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Iris Michelle. I know you may have 50+ animals but each one touches your heart. Some more than others.
Thinking of you.
hugs,
Brooke

Helen said...

Dear Michelle, I am typing this with the tears in my eyes. So sorry to read that baby Iris did not make it; she might be in donkey heaven, but this does not mean you don't suffer from the loss. My thoughts are with you and your hubby. Wishing you a lot of strength. Love & hugs, Helen
And of course about your scrappage it is fabulous.

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, absolutley stunning, gorgeous work, hugs pops x x x

Martina said...

Oh Michelle, I am so sorry about your little baby goat Iris. This is soo sad.... sucha little cutie on your photo...

Your grandma was such a pretty woman Michelle! I love that photo of your grandparents and your vintage page!
Martina

Rufus said...

I'm sorry to hear that Iris has gone to goat heaven. You did the absolute best you could for her and she tried her best too. But now she's happy and not suffering. Not that that makes it any easier for you! That's the risk we take when we love, but it's worth it.
R/

Heidi Brawley said...

Sooooo sorry to hear about Iris! May she rest in Peace!!! You are a great mommy and I know you did all you could for her!!! Take care and God Bless!!!
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

yanmaneee said...

nike air force 1
hermes handbags
cheap jordans
moncler outlet
jordan shoes
nike air max
timberland boots
michael kors purses
golden goose
jordan shoes