Thursday, May 12, 2011

Herbert's In Love - Turtles in Love

Last week, I was surfing and just fell in love with the image "Herbert's In Love" - I totally love Karen's Doodles, and I don't get to use as many as I would love to use - but when I saw this image, I HAD to get it and make up a card right away.

I colored with my Copics - and had lots of fun making it really bright and fun. I mean turtles in love it had to be bright and fun!

For my card I went for My Minds Eye Home Glitter stack. That glitter green dotted paper was just too perfect - and the bright colors that go with the collection complimented the "love" in the image. I used a EK Success scalloped heart border punch, and then my sentiment is cut out with a Fiskars Heart punch for some over the top added love.

And decorated the inside to match as well. Those heart punches were out of white card stock that I colored with a red Copic then outlined with stickles.

Was just a fun card to make - it made me smile. It is now gone... shipped off for a friend. Hope she likes it too :0)

I think I may need a few more of Karen's Doodles... too cute!
Have a great Thursday - HUGS an

d

8 comments:

petra,s cards said...

whowwww this is gorgeous!!! great colouring!!
xx petra

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

How cuuute! And your card is wonderful hun! I love the colors!

Hugs
Jay Jay

Cecilia said...

Such a fun and colorful card, and your work is inspiring as always!
Thank you for letting us into your crafts room!! It makes it easier to convince my loved one that I'm not the only one that NEEDS just one more ribbon, stamp or punch... ;-D
Hugs Celia

Anne said...

Hey Michelle you did an awesome job with Herbert. A brilliant card, smashing papers and gorgeous colouring too.

Anne x

Carol Dee said...

Sweetness, that is one adorable card! She is gonna love it. What a fun image and fabulous bright colors. hugs...

Helen said...

What a lovely card Michelle.

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE!!! This is sooooo darn cute! Your friend is going to be Oh so Floored to see this wonderful creation!!!I would be showing it off to everyone if I received this!! Have a GREAT weekend!!!
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

yanmaneee said...

nike basketball shoes
balenciaga shoes
jordan shoes
nike huarache
balenciaga sneakers
jordan 12
nike air force 1 low
coach outlet handbags
cheap jordans
nike air max