Friday, May 27, 2011

Just Magnolias and Hanglars - Friends!

FRIENDS! Yep what a great theme for this weeks Just Magnolias and Hanglars challenge this week! I went through my stamps and really wasn't sure what I wanted to use for this challenge, and then came across this one! Love it and I thought it was perfect for the them.

I went with an easel card - this is a larger image, so the easel card made it easier to have lots of space to work with. After coloring my image with my Copics, I cut a circle with my EK Success circle cutter, then matted it with pink and cream card stock circles. The same colors are used for my easel card, and this was perfect to use one pattern of the K&Company Watercolor Bouquet papers. Can you Say LOVE THESE PAPERS.. I just adore the soft feel of the floral patterns.

Then for my flowers... went just a bit nuts here... LOL I made up some of these for another project ( can't show yet ) and totally loved them, so I used them for this card as well :0) I punched 6 EK Success Medium Retro Flowers, and then 6 of the Smaller Retro Flower. I rolled the edges of the medium flower petals towards the centers, and then pulled in all the petals of the small flowers, then stacked them up. They are all placed on top of a whole bunch of Martha Stewart branch punches. The centers are all Stickles Cotton Candy pink. Oh the flowers are all punched from from matching pattern paper from the K& Company Watercolor Bouquet stack.
My sentiment is from Close to my Heart's Because of You set. I dug out my CTMH stamps last week, I totally forgot about them, I don't have a lot of them, but a few that have some great card stamps. I punched out these with a EK Success punch colored the edges with a Copic Marker, and then went nuts with lots of adhesive pearls!

Here is a look at the easel card from the side,

Hope you enjoyed this one - was fun to make. Now pop on over to Just Magnolias and Hanglars site and see all the "Friendly" cards :0) Then join us for a chance at a great prize!

See you tomorrow for Animal Crackers!
HUGS and -

Copics Used: B21, B93, B95, B97, E000, E00, E21, E35, E37. E44, E47, E49, G0000, G 21, G82, R20, R81, R83, R85, N2, YG03, YG63, YG91, YG93

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

Enjoyed this card very much. Beautiful flowers and papers and such a fun image, coloured so beautifully.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Darja Drakšič said...

Lovely card, and flowers are nice.

Helen said...

Gorgeous card. I love it.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Oooh, this is so lovely!!!

Carol Dee said...

WOW, this is a bright and fun card. I really like the CTMH verse. Have a fabulous Friday, hugs...

♥...Mo...♥ said...

Woooww...
Is adorable, and flowers are sooo cute

Larissa said...

Great card! The stamp you used is adorable!

Hugs,
Larissa