Monday, May 30, 2011

Stampavie - TheScent of Sweet Memories - A Scrapbook Page

Happy Memorial Day! Today I wanted to show another Scrapbook Page. This is my Grandma and her brothers and sister. This photo is in VERY poor condition. I did a few repairs on photoshop, I am sure a professional could have done more and a better job. But I was happy with my work, considering how bad the photo did look. I know you are saying really, it was worse? Yes, it was, but I also wanted to leave some of the look, as that is part of its character right?
So for my page I went with the really vintage look - do match the photo.

I started with a 8x8 light purple card stock that I inked the edges. The old handwritten piece of paper that I tore and inked was a free printing off the web. I just googled antique paper images and bam.. a million of free images!

Behind the photo I used a piece of the Tim Holtz Glassene paper. Is that spelled right? I don't think so... anyway it is a really cool brown waxy paper, I crinkled it up and I love it! A rhinestone dark brown large flourish is split and added to each side of the photo. Lovin the bling!

Then the beautiful image! Totally loving these new Stampavie Penny Johnson Vintage collection. This image is The Scent of Sweet Memories - totally gorgoeous!
I colored with my Copics - in all lighter vintage colors. Then I went over the entire image with Tattered Angles Glaze. Really a cool look, a shimmer and vintage look to it now.

The sentiment "Cherish" is a very very very old rub on I had in my stash. I think it may be from 7 gypsies. I was so worried to try and use it, cuz I didn't know if it would actually stick it was so old. But whew.. it did!

Hope you aren't minding me getting back to my scrapbooking... cuz I am having a ball going through photos and doing pages! :0)

Have a great day!
HUGS and-

5 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow, that is such a beautiful page & the photo looks wonderful - definitely a good decision to leave it looking a little worn.

Unknown said...

fabulous page and right up my street what a lovely keepsake too hugs sassy

Carol Dee said...

WOW! Have a sweet Memorial Day. hugs...

Anonymous said...

Pam says: Awesome layout. I enjoy seeing your scrapbook pages, so please keep sharing them:)

Helen said...

It's beautiful