Sunday, May 29, 2011

Dust It Off Sunday - High Hopes, My BIL's Birthday Card

This past week was my BIL's birthday- and I needed a manly card for him. Manly, with a bit of humor :0)

I decided to pull out a couple of my favorite High Hopes stamps. These stamps are so fun, especially for me to use... LOL I don't know if the donkey image was intended to be a "mini" donkey with the farmer. But it works out great for cards that I send.
I masked off the donkey after stamping, and then stamped the farmer. This way he can be standing behind the little donkey. They are colored with my copics, then shaded with pencils.

Was a tough decision finding the right pattern paper for this image. Due to the two images it really is quite large, so I didn't need a bunch of paper showing. But then I found this perfect plaid paper from DCWV! I sewed it down to a dark brown card stock, matted the image to the same, and then wrapped them with twine. Don't know why... but it needed something, and the twine seemed to work. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things.

I did the inside with scraps from the card stock and the pattern paper. And used a matching sentiment from My Favorite Things on the inside.

My BIL seemed to like it :0)

Hope you enjoyed seeing it, I REALLY had lots of fun creating this one.

So what are your plans for the holiday? Us... same thing we always do on Memorial Day Weekend. Chores. Yep we are usually working on some project. Building a donkey shed, a small barn, painting, mowing, hauling hay and the usual upkeep on the donkeys - hooves, feed and such. YEA a restful relaxing weekend! LOL seriously this year, I think it will be just mowing, clean up and donkey hooves and such. Not too bad this year.

HUGS and-

11 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Wow! And you picked a perfect paper! Love your farmer with the cute donkey! Great card!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Terrific card, love the image.

Carol Dee said...

I love the twine treatment. Great idea. Really fun card. Have a RELAXING weekend. Hugs....

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous what a sweet creation, hugs pops x

Karen McAlpine said...

Very cute! Love that sentiment.

Helen said...

Love the card and especially the sentiment on the front. Hugs

SusanBluerobot said...

this is fantastic

Shelly said...

Fabulous card, Michelle!!!

Rufus said...

Looks like it was a fun card to create. No wonder he liked it!
R/

Di said...

Love this card! The images and the sentiment are great! Absolutely love it!!!

Anne said...

Beautiful card! I always have trouble coming up with masculine cards! Really liked that you showed the inside of the card too! Keep it up :-)