Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Spoon Full of Sugar - Flower Power!

This week at Spoon Full of Sugar the challenge is Flower Power! I went just a bit over board...

But then again can you ever have too many flowers? I went with the new Stampavie image Oh Happy Day, from the Laurence Collection. Love this kitty pushing the flower cart. I colored boldly with my Copics and then cut out with Label 17 Nestie. For my papers I again went with October Afternoon. The colors were just wonderful for the image. I took the striped paper and cut it into four pieces to get the stripes going each different direction. Sewed all the papers down.

The sentiment is from Papertrey ink - also cut with Nesties 17. I created the mats by using a deep red copic and drawing around the image and sentiment. Simple and effective. Then I chose flowers from my stash to match the flowers in the cart and loaded them up! Martha Stewart Frond leaves and stickles for the centers of each flower. Love the layered look of all the flowers! And it for sure fits in with the theme of Flower Power, don't you agree? ;0)

Now make sure to see LOTS more flowers at Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge and then join us with some blooms of your own!

Gotta fly... busy day today, lots of things on my to do list since Hubby and I were basically lazy yesterday. I know, I know... I said we had lots of chores to get done, and once the day got going, well... it was just too darn windy and hot to work outside. So we watched movies inside :0) While I crafted and did laundry. OH the laundry counts as a chore??? LOL

Have a great day!
HUGS and





7 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Beautiful.

Send Flowers said...

Flowers. I like this post...

kendell said...

Love the card - thanks for sharing, regard kendell

Country Mouse said...

I LOVE the way your flowers match those on the image! Wow...super cute job! I also love your blog..I'm a new follower as of today! Howdy...fellow Texan...off to browse!:)
audrey

redstamper7 said...

Just so cheery!! Love the bright colors and so well put together. Awesome....

Carol Dee said...

Flower Power it IS !!! Love ALL those flowers. :) And YES Laundry is a chore ... LOL. And Everyone needs s lazy day every now and then. :) Hugs....

Chrissy said...

Michelle this is just beautiful.The colours are amazing, so bright and alive...gorgeous.Fabulous image.

Luv CHRISSYxx