Friday, May 20, 2011

Just Magnolias and Hanglars - A wonderful Sketch!

Hello! I have two post for today :0) So pop back later for a special blog hop post with Stampavie and Eclectic Paperie -

But first up today it is Friday and time for Just Magnolia's and Hanglars! This week there is a wonderful sketch from fellow DT member Donalda!

I tried to go with lots of color and pattern this week.. I love the look of that, but really it is hard to pull off... I think mine may just be too busy :0)
I dug through my Tilda's to find one to match some new Crate Paper patterns that I had received. I totally love the roses! I am a sucker for any papers with pretty roses. And I just love these, they are so bright and fun. I chose three patterns to follow the sketch, and went to work with the sketch. My Tilda is one from a while back, I had to have cuz of those roses again :0)

She is colored with my Copics and then shaded with Prisma Pencils. I sewed all the layers down and then got to use a new My Favorite Thing border die - very pretty and delicate! The Butterfly punch is from Martha Stewart - and is put together with Red adhesive bling and red stickles. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

This card is growing on me, I love the colors, but it still may too busy... hmmmm maybe? Visit Just Magnolia's and Hanglars to see some great DT projects with the sketch and join us for a great prize again!

Be back a little later for the special HOP!
HUGS

3 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Oooo that border die is to die for! Just stunning. Pretty papers, busy is o.k. :) Hugs...

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh I LOVE this card, Michelle, it doesn't look busy at all. All the papers look fabulous together and Tilda is gorgeous and I love the MFT border...haven’t used mine yet but must do that soon! Absolutely gorgeous card!
Hugs,t

Heidi said...

Michelle- this is so pretty. I think it is just right!

Was wondering if you had gotten a message from heidi regarding sending me stamps for being published (stampavie).

Heidi