Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dust It Off Sunday - Mo's Saturday's Child - My Mom's card :0)

Happy Mother's Day :0) - For this Sunday's Dust It Off Sunday project, I dusted off one of my digital images and some scrap pattern papers! This project is my Mom's Mother's Day card and part of her gift. I know ... I made the same coffee cup as I did on Friday - but hey.. My Mom's gift is a case of her favorite K-Cups Coffee ... LOL so it was fitting right?

You might see that I still have goats on my mind with my image - This is one of Mo Manning's Digital images, called Saturday's Child. When Mo did this image I totally went nuts for it. I love it. It was perfect to use with the Graphic 45 pattern paper I had in my scrap box. It was a just barely large enough to make the card and then cup.. whew...
This was also a great card to use my Papertrey ink Doily die. Love that die! And they make a punch out tool to help get all of those little piece to pop out easily.

The cup is made with a tutorial from Score Pal. Fun easy pattern. I again used the Martha Stewart border punch for some lacy detail. Then bunches of red rhinestones :0) My mom will like the bling I am sure. And at the handle four deep red roses.

I did the inside as well with a wonderful poem I found online.

Here is a close up of the image... don't you love it?
I colored with my Copics and then shaded with my pencils. (colors listed below)

Have a great Mother's Day and/or Sunday - We are doing our normal Sunday breakfast with the locals at the country cafe - but later we are doing lunch out with MIL, My Mom and her husband, and my Sister and all of her family. Yep... will have to be a big table :0)

HUGS and -

Copics Used: BG0000, C1, C5, C7, C9, B23, B93, B97, E000, E00, E02, E21, E33, E37, R17, R46, N3 and pencils.

7 comments:

Jane said...

WOW! your card and mug are stunning hun! incredible work! the papers are gorgeous and so perfect for this lovely image - your Mum will love them! hugs, Jane x

Carol Dee said...

I adore Mo's images. this one was perfect for you. Love those mugs, I must checkout that tutorial. Thanks. HAve a fun day. And Happy Mother's Day to you, too. After all you are Mommy to LOTS of goats, donkies, dogs and Gato! Hugs...

♥...Mo...♥ said...

Es un proyecto maravillosooooo
Realmente me encanta
Happy Mother's Day

Helen said...

What a great card and cup. Hope you enjoyed your day. Happy furry mother's day to you.

Cynde said...

Your card and mug today are stunning. Love the plaid/gingham stuff always. What great coloring on your image by Mo, so fitting for you, perfect. It is all gorgeous. I'm sure your Mom loved it. Hope your day was fabulous.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Just gorgeous!

cabio's craft corner said...

Fabulous projects and cute colored image :-)
hugs,
Cabio