Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spoon Full of Sugar - White and One other Color

Happy Tuesday. I have broke myself away from the new babies and forced my self to come in and craft ;0) They are just so darn cute. But I have been crafty as well.

This weeks challenge at Spoon Full of Sugar is to make a project with only two colors - white and one other. Now for me I started to go and do some pink - blue or green and white card. And then somehow I drifted to my kraft paper card stock. And well... I ended up with BROWN and white!

Starting off with my kraft paper, I then went and pulled white card stock for the base, then used Basic Grey kraft paper basics to coordinate with my stamped craft paper. I punched the edge with MS Double Loop border/corner punch. Everything is sewed down and mulberry roses in white and brown, with dark brown MS branch punches. Now to my image...
I just giggle every time I pull out one of the Stampavie Sarah Kay new images to use. This is "Marguerite taking Ruben for a walk". Isn't Ruben a handsome dog? LOL They are just too RAD Man! LOL I stepped outside of my normal Copic coloring and instead stamped on my kraft paper with Staz-On and then colored with my Koh-I-Noor Pencils - I just love the white pencil on the kraft paper, really POPS. I also high lighted my Chic Sarah Kay gal with brown glitter on her pants and head band.

My sentiment is from OH My Word, Craft Work Cards. Love them they are just so easy to just pop on with a glue dot!

I had lots of fun with this one, even if it isn't a spring color combo. Now I hope you will visit Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge and take a look at all the DT White and one Color Combos and then join us for another great prize this week!

Have a great Tuesday and I'll see you tomorrow for Me and My Space!
HUGS and-

10 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

Oh boy, this is sooo gorgeous Michelle. I love this card. You´ve really made it look gorgeous even with soo little colors to use. I don´t think, I would have been able to make anything that cool with so few colors, but you sure managed to do that anyway. It´s really beautiful work.

Kirsten Alicia said...

I want that image, it's fab!!! Love this card, it's so beautiful.

Tindaloo said...

gorgeous card & I love the colror technique you've used on kraft - awesome! :)

Marilyn said...

Fabulous card Michelle & I love the image! Good job on two colours... that wouldn't be easy for me.

Carol Dee said...

Fabulous!You need to enter this in The Spotted Chick's Krafty Thursday challenge! here> http://thespottedchick.blogspot.com/
Hugs...

Distressed Miss said...

Wow Michelle this is simply gorgeous. I love the image and your colour combo looks amazing. I still do't know how you managed to tear yourself away from such adoreable babies!!
Hugs
Clare
x

K. Joy said...

Oh what a pretty card! Yes, Ruben is a handsome dog! ;) Love the kraft/brown colors and the flowers. The whole card is quite classy!! Thanks for sharing!!

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG!!! This card is sooooooo darn cute!!!!!!!!! Love IT!!!!
~Heidi Brawley

Maria said...

Absolutely stunning Michelle! Love, love, love your colouring on Kraft. Hugs, Maria

Helen said...

Beautiful one!