Friday, May 6, 2011

Just Magnolias and Hanglars - Anything Goes with Stitching

Hi There! Today is Friday again, and time for Just Magnolia and Hanglar Challenge . First of the month so that is our Anything Goes theme... and our option is to do stitching, whether real or not. I went with real, mainly because it is habit.. LOL

Shhh... please keep this one a secret. This is my Mother in Law's Card for Sunday and a little cup I made to go with it. My plan is to fill the cup with a bag of her favorite candies and a gift card. She is so hard to "fit" so it is the best for us. Now she doesn't have the internet, so I don't think she will see this, but don't go and show it to her if you bump into her ok?

I started off with my new Magnolia image - isn't she cute. Love that she can be leaned out of or on anything. I have this great simple window stamp (sorry I don't know who or where I got it from) I cut it out and then leaned her out of it. Her head is pop dotted up so it really does look like she is leaning out. All of the pattern papers are again from Tilda. I got my pad from Timbroscrapmania.com This store is packed full of all kinds of great goodies, and I was totally excited when I saw that I could order Tilda papers from her! She also has a great selection of Magnolias and Magnolia papers!

Back to my card - I stayed pretty simple with this card - I really wanted Tilda to "pop" and give lots of room for the pretty papers. I sewed down the layers, and ran a satin ribbon across the middle. This was the perfect place to put two rows of gorgeous pearls. (These come on an adhesive roll like this... I do not have the patience to do them that way so perfectly) I added mulberry roses and buds to the corner, with lots of MS Frond leaf punches in two colors. The sentiment is from Oh My Crafts.

Now to the cup - How stinkin cute is this? Last year I made her a tea pot.... this time I thought this coffee cup would be fun. As she lives on coffee. I used the Tilda papers again and the Coffee Cup tutorial from Score-Pal. All though I embellished mine a bit more, as it needed a more girlie feel to it :0)
Because I haven't gotten her candy yet.. I filled the cup with mulberry roses for the photos.. does look pretty I like it.
Here is a close up of Tilda... I colored with my Copics and then shaded with pencils.

Oh.. forgot.. I also decorated the inside, and used a sweet Mother's Day poem I found on line.


Hope you like my MIL's present.. LOL I also hope that you will pop over to Just Magnolia's and Hanglar's Challenge and see all the DT projects and then join us ! This week the sponser is Simon Says Stamp!
YEA!! We all love shopping there don't we??? HUGS and -
Copics used: E000, E00, E21, E47, E13, R20, R81, R83, B41, B97 and pencils and white gel pen

10 comments:

AUSTINSGRAMM said...

Super cute creation. Love your work.

hugs
bobbi

Heidi said...

Wow what a beautiful creation. Love the colors and the details. You are so talented my friend

Hugs and love
Heidi

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow, gorgeous card & the cup is SO cute. Your MIL will be thrilled.

Yani said...

Your creations are absolutely beautiful. Loved the color combination and the way you colored Tilda... and the cup is sooo gorgeous. I'm sure that your MIL is going to love this :-D Thanks for sharing!

Carol Dee said...

I LOVE your MIL's card and gift. I am sure she will, too. Hugs...

Heidi said...

Michelle this is adorable! What a wonderful prize for your MIL.

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are stunning, love the colours, beautiful...

diane zechman said...

What a sweet set!

Kittie said...

Michelle, this cup and card set is adorable. Thanks for the link to the cup directions. I never thought to check out the Score Pal site for templates or directions. Duh! I'm a little slow. Anyway....back to your mother and MIL's cups...they are precious and you decorated them both so beautifully.

Helen said...

What a lovely creation!