Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spoon Full of Sugar - Anything Goes!

Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge today and the theme this week is ANY THING GOES! So no excuses whatever you want to make up it qualifies!

For me... I took that as a chance to play with the new Stampavie Penny Johnson Vintage stamps again :0)

This stamp is called "Blossom Birds" Gorgeous right? Now I did something a bit different this time. I stamped it on white card stock with Memento ink - colored with my Copics, shaded with my pencils, then I went back with my Distress Inks Tea Dye and colored in all around the background to give it a more old, vintage look. I like it. :0)
For my card I totally went with all of the colors of the flowers and birds. Webster's Pages pattern papers are all used, sewed in layers, with a Papertrey Ink pink dotted swiss ribbon. I embellished with antiqued pearl adhesives, and then a wooden flourish from Kaiserkraft. The sentiment is part of one of the Stampavie Vintage stamps - Shabby Chic Frame.

Ok, so lots of color here, but I like how the bright colors match up with the vintage feel. Has your store ordered these new stamps yet? They will be shipping out soon and will go fast - they are just too pretty!

Have a wonderful Tuesday - Hugs and

Copics Used: B23, B24, E18, RV13, RV14, RV 23, Y11, YR14, YR 16, YR24, YR31, YG03, YG63, YG99 and pencils.

11 comments:

Chrissy said...

I totally love this Michelle...absolutely gorgeous.The paper are stunning and your colouring...well.. leaves me speechless...and thats not easy....
G O R G E O U S ...
Luv CHRISSYxx

Kirsten Alicia said...

It's beautiful; the papers, the image - everything.

petra,s cards said...

whow what a colourfull stunning card!!
xx petra

Anonymous said...

This is completely gorgeous and vintage! Love this idea and think I might need to try it.
Beth Greco

Carol Dee said...

I am loving this stamp. Those birds would be so much fun to color. Your card is just lovely. Hugs...

LorraineB said...

This really is gorgeous. I love the stamped image.

Helen said...

what a gorgeous card Michelle.

Jo said...

Michelle, a beautiful card and I love the way you have coloured the image. Hugs Jo x

diane zechman said...

ahh...this is beautiful!

Cards By MI said...

Really lovely! Love that you coloured the background vintage. Smashing work!
Love n hugs
Marie

Sarah - Crea S said...

What a fabulous card! Lovely papers and I love how you've colored the stamp/image. Love how you put details in the stamp by adding shadow. Just bought this lovely one so I'm looking for some inspiration ;)
With love,
http://littlecreass.blogspot.be