Monday, April 13, 2009

Wild West Anya... Sneak Peek!

A Sneak Peek.. of "Wild West Anya"!! I Love Sheriff Ian from Greeting Farm... and now there is a Western Cowgirl Anya!!! I just love her! Why is it I always color my western woman cards with pink and brown? I went back and looked at some.. all brands of stamps, but they are mostly all pink and brown... guess to me that is a country girl color combo. I mean common how can you resist a pink cowboy hat and pink boots!
Anya is colored with my Copics, and then doodled on the edges and inked for just a bit of shading.



For my card base I used Coredinations dark brown card stock that I sanded to give it that distressed worn look. I then used a pink pattern paper scrap that has a very light line brown pattern in it. The edge is punched with a Martha Stewart Valentine border punch. I don't know the maker.. a scrap from a long time ago, as is the brown stripe behind Anya. I was going to stamp some flourishes and then remembered this My Minds Eye Transparency, again it has been in my stash for years! It was just a bit to small to use as is, so I cut it diagonally. I kind of like that it isn't a full rectangle, and has the breaks in it. The sentiment from Hero Arts is stamped onto a K&Co. name card, and then I added three Prima flowers with Dew Drop centers.




Well Yee Haw.. I am really liking this card! I hope you liked it too - there are more sneak peeks on the other Club Anya DT blogs today... other images too wink wink hint hint... And tomorrow there will be another sneak peek day.. again on Wednesday!! OOHOOOH and on Wednesday there is a blog hop that evening... So this week there is lots of Greeting Farm - Club Anya fun!!


There is a LOT of excitement in store these next few days...hope you'll join us for the fun! And don't forget the other Dt's blogs....
Jacquie Peifer
HUGS and have a GREAT MONDAY!

11 comments:

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, that Anya is too darn cute in her cowgirl outfit! I love the way you colored her. . .so pretty!Your card is fantastic. . the flowers and borders are awesome too!!

Maria

Sandy said...

Adorable card, Michelle!! Love the heart border and the colors are great. I also love the offset image layer.

Danni said...

Super cute and fun! Awesome card!

Ila said...

Your Birthday Anya card is Goorgeous!!...I love the Happy Birthday transparency too...perfect!!..Hugs, Ila

daisy said...

what a super lovely card! love the anya stamps!

hugs
daisy

WickedPixie said...

So,SO cute! I love all of the details on her outfit! They made me go "Oh, I wish I had thought of that!" :-) Traci

Anonymous said...

this is fantastic Michelle.. you have made a fabulous card with her hun. hugs rachxx

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is adorable, Michelle! My fave color combo too and I LOVE what you did w/ her clothes and hat! Beautiful!

Tracey said...

This is fantastic Michelle! So cute!

Janna said...

Oh Michelle this is amazing!! I love pink and brown for cowgirls as well! Just seems to flow so well! And your card is amazing! Seriously! i just adore your colorign and the fantastic layout! so, so cute with the papers and the great punches! Love everything about it!

SMiles,
janna

Allison Rankin said...

Whoa...another one to love...great job!