Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Spoon Full of Sugar and a Sneak Peek of Showtime!

Yes, today is a two card day! Sorry if this one is a bit longer, but I have two pieces of "business"


First is my Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge card - For our Challenge this week we would like to see you create a card or project using Die cuts or Punches.

I dusted off a Hanglar image for this week. My papers are all from SEI Mimosa collection, and I just loved all the citrus colors... so I colored her in the same colors with my Copics, matted with papers from the collection. All the papers are sewed down with zig zag and straight stitches and a peach colored thread.


For my die cuts for the challenges, I pulled out my Making Memories Slice and cut out the word "friends" and the the flower, once in green and then again in the dark peach color, then layered them. After I put the card all together I didn't think you could see the word well enough so I used my white gel pen... uh oh.. don't like that but it was already very glued down - live and learn.
I hope you will join in this week... common we use die cuts and punches on our cards all the time any way - why not get in on the prize that is offered this week! Go and check it out and all the other DT cards at the Spoon Full of Sugar Blog :)
*********************************************
Now a drum roll for another Sneak Peek for Greeting Farm! And today it is "SHOWTIME!" How cute is this set???

There are lots of pieces to this Anya Set... but the main images are Circus Leader Anya, the elephant, the pop corn and the stars! I colored all the pieces with my Copics, I used a black glaze pen for Anya... so she would shine! I cut everything out including the sentiment "Your Turn to Shine" Then I set up the tent! I used a piece of Sassafrass Lass paper, that is all that is as the background including the scalloped bottom. I traced the scallops onto a piece of scrap red card stock for the top.
And then attached the top, with the stars stamped across it, to the card with pop dots, Anya was also attached with pop dots so she could stand out front, center ring ya know?
I doodled around everything with my white gel pen, then added gold stickles to the stars - this on really made me happy! It was so fun... again I love these Anya sets, they are so much like playing with paper dolls!
One more sneak peek tomorrow and then tomorrow night is the big BLOG HOP!!! Make sure to hop around today and see all the other great Club Anya DT sneaks... and then get ready to make your list of wants - this release has some really cute ones! LOL again ;0)
Have a great Tuesday... me I am sticking around the house today working on a few projects - FYI... Rosie is feeling much better today!
HUGS and-

21 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Two very cute cards. Fabulous coloring!!TFS
Hugs,Connie

daisy said...

love both cards! adorable!

hugs
daisy

Anonymous said...

Hello, thanks you for visiting my blog. Both your cards are wonderful.
//Malin

Sharon said...

Two gorgeous cards Michelle. Love the greeting farm one. xx

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ok, I just have to say WOW. WOW!!! Ha, had to say it again! You know, great minds DO think alike but I LOVE LOVE your card...wowza! Such beautiful colors and coloring and thank you for the compliment on mine but I have to tell you those curtains were NOT my friend! LOL!

Beautiful Spoonful sketch ,too! I juts started following that blog and hope to play along w/ you guys sometime! Hugs!

Unknown said...

what a couple of fabby cards ..lovin them both..lv sassyx

DawnMarie said...

Hi Michelle, both fantastic cards, great images in both. Did you ever find out what was in the barn? Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Vicky said...

Michelle, this is SO pretty! I love how you work the layers - they really look so good together!

Anonymous said...

two fabulous cards michelle, love the brightness of the first and wow how much work have you put into the second... fantastic job. hugs rachxx

WickedPixie said...

Wow, wow, wow Michelle! Because of the time diff here I got to see your "Showtime" card go up on CA last night and I was totally blown away! I love your patterns and all of your doodling! And your Spoon Full of Sugar challenge card is great, too! Beautiful coloring (again with those sweet white pen details!) and I love the colors! :-) Traci

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow 2 fabulous cards ,love your colouring and layouts ,hugs Dawnxxx

Valérie Goldenschue said...

beautiful cards !!! I love it.

Kelly Schelske said...

Oooo, very nice, both of them!! Love the Anya sneal peak, she's adorable!

The Hanglar card is beautiful!!

Viv said...

Two gorgeous cards and both images are very cute!

Camilla said...

Both your card are stunning Michelle!! Great sewing! And you have added so many details on your cards!
Have a great week!
Hugs, Camilla.

Tab said...

Fab cards, hun! Love the images and all the fab colours and papers that you have used!
Hugs Tab xxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Both cards are fabulous Michelle, I love the gorgeous papers on the first and all the stitching details, your second card is such an amazing design and love the little scene you created, gorgeous colouring as always, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Janna said...

Michelle these are both amazing!!! Seriously the layout and color scheme are beautiufl and your first card and I adore the the friends at the bottom. Of course your coloring is amazing!! But your TGF card is so awesome! I love the stage you created and the great way you used all the stamps fromt he set! All the details are blowing me away!

Smiles,
janna

Doramiyi said...

Absolutely adorable. Always enjoy your creations, keep em coming.

doramiyi
doramiyi at gmail dot com
-CANADA-

Cynde said...

Cute card Michelle....Love the first one the best!!

Kristen said...

Those cards are adorable!