Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Spoon Full of Tea Bag folded Donkeys?

It is Tuesday and time to get a Spoon Full of Challenge! This week is a great Sketch by our DT member Caryn!

As soon as I saw the sketch I was excited! It was perfect to use my brand new Tea bag folding stamps from Alota Rubber Stamps!!! And I had this plan to mix two different stamps. I love how it came out.. and not just because the Donkey is named "Michelle's Donkey" LOL~

If you have never tried one of Helene's Tea Bag folding images you just must! They are very addicting - you stamp 8 of the image, color and then follow the instructions for folding, they just slip together and just a few dots of glue they make a circle of images!

Along with MY Donkey.. he he I added the Daisy! For the center for my circle I added a pink felt flower with a button tied with a pink ribbon. I really do love how this came out and I think I will redo this with different background paper - because I am not happy with how the entire card turned out. It doesn't look quite as bad in person, the photo has made the colors look odd.


I used DCWV glitter papers and sewed everything down - I think it is the vintage lace that is wrong - the color on it is not really that dark.. oh well. I then added four flowers and brads with the H and I letters. Again.. I think next time I will do simpler papers just too much going on here - L0L

Make sure to hop on over to the Spoon full of Sugar Challenge and see the other DT cards - theirs really rock! and there is a great prize again this week!

Well long list today... better get started - Hope you have a great Tuesday!

HUGS and-

12 comments:

kaz_za's crafty corner said...

wow what a wonderful card.. i love the design...!!!! its fab and i love the donkey stamp you have used... you are an insperation
kaz_za

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Michelle I love this cute little donkey image she's so sweet, Hugs debbie x

Vicky said...

This is absolutely adorable!! I definitely want to try the tea bag folding technique - that is just too cool!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

How adorable Michelle and loving all those cute little donkey's and flowers, what a great technique, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Camilla said...

WOW your card is fantastic!! Love it, so spesial and cool;)
Hugs, Camilla.

Ila said...

I love the way this card turned out Michelle!!..love the bright colors, flowers... the centre is Gorgeous!!...Hugs, Ila

Anonymous said...

wow how clever Michelle what a cool effect. hugs rachxx

Tab said...

Oh Michelle I love your card, so pretty and I adore all the colours that you have used!
Hugs Tab xxx

Maria said...

Wow, fantastic card Michelle! I never tried tea bag folds! So cool. I love those donkeys and all the pretty flowers!! I think the colors of your card are pretty! The dp is beautiful!!

maria

daisy said...

theye look so lovely!!!!

hugs
daisy

Kim said...

Oh my goodness is that super adorable!
Hugs~ Kim

Caryn said...

This is gorgeous Michelle - it popped right out at me! I have never done teabag folding - this is so cute with those lil' ol' donkeys peeking out.

Great card.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx