Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This guy is smokin hot!

he he he... sorry couldn't resist that title - How cute is this sneak peek of "Rescue Ian"from Greeting Farm? Just a shame he couldn't clean up before making an appearance on my birthday card - but he is still a hottie -


I colored Ian with my Copics, and including his smoke and soot - I then cut him out. The brick wall background is from Magnolia - I just colored in shades of grey my first time I was doing a brick red color, but it was just too dark and too much red - Now I needed a ladder... can you believe I don't have a ladder stamp??? (insert shock face here!) so I just cut one out of a scrap of brown card stock, then sanded to distress it - a fireman's ladder would be worn and used.
The pattern papers is the front and backside of a K I Memories paper. I doodled the edge of the yellow side, Matted the wall and sentiment with scrap red and put it all together. The sentiment is typed out from my electronic label maker. I added a button and small piece of ribbon to the corner that seemed empty.
Then I just had to have some fun.... I don't know where I came up with this but I used some scraps in the inside of the card - doodled and to continue the front "Just In Case..." Sentiment, I typed out and added to the inside "The Candles Get Out of Control - Happy Birthday!" LOL
Now don't forget tonight is the Club Anya Blog Hop!
Now it is time to check out the other DT girls sneak peeks -
They have been stunning all week!!!
Jacquie Peifer
Jessica Diedrich, Club VP/DT Coordinator '
Official rules can be found here! And don't forget there are some awesome prizes as well!
Hope you have a great Wednesday - me.. working this morning - then going to have lunch with some old friends I haven't seen in a while - and this group... well I am sure to be laughing the entire time :0)
HUGS and-

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is fantastic michelle, love your fireman and your handmade ladder. that inside sentiment is so cool and works brilliantly, very clever. hugs rachxx

Annie said...

what a fab fireman you have there - and that sentiment in side had me laughing! you should have sent me this one last week! hugs, annie x
pst - there's a fireman living across the road from me, so no probs with the candles on the cake!

Danni said...

This is just so cool! and creative! Awesome job!

DawnMarie said...

Really great card Michelle, great image, great idea on the ladder and sentiments. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

stampinfrog said...

Michele this card is soooo cute! I love this little firman and the sentiment on the inside is fantastic!TFS
Hugs,Connie

Vicky said...

This is so cute and I love your title for today's post- so cute :)

Bev said...

Absolutely brilliant card honey - too cute for words!! Love all the bright funky papers. x

Heidi said...

LOL, that caught my attention. He is adorable!

Maria said...

Hey Michelle! Oh my gosh, Ian is adorable. I love the ladder and the wall background that you added. Awesome job on the coloring too!!! I love how you did the inside. I need to remember to work on the inside of my cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

Maria

Frances said...

Hi Michelle,

love your sentiment on this - my sort of humour ;) and your homemade ladder is fab and all the other little things too like making him dirty and the bright colours. Loving the look of the new stamps - feel another 'little' spend coming on LOL. xx

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ohhhh Michelle he is TOO adorable! I LOVE the scene you created w/ the little ladder...it's SO great!

Tracey said...

Love this Michelle! Adorable!!