Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday - Magnolia Vs. Stampavie Sketch today!

And this week it is a sketch by me :) and there is a super prize this week too!

First here is the sketch -
My card is a vintage looking one - I used my new papers from K&Company for this one and found three patterns I liked together. I inked the edges of each of them, and put them all on an off white card stock base. I cut out a flourish out of a sage green with my MM Slice, and tried to ink the edges of it.. then high lighted with a white gel pen. I stacked two flowers, jewelry spacers and mini brad to top it off.

I really wanted to do the eyelets across the bottom like on my sketch - but in my sorting and cleaning out...well I can't find my Crop-a-dile and eyelets anywhere! Very upset about it, now my sorting looks more like a mess than organized - so I used my Fiskars Border punch Threading waters and a flower satin ribbon across the bottom. I stamped out the work Congratulations from Hero Arts and punched it out with a Stampin Up Word window punch, then inked.


And then there is my image - How sweet is this image??? It is a brand new Stampavie Rachelle Anne Miller image! newly released! "Bundle of Joy" - I love it. Now I know I probably should have done the traditional colors as a baby card - but for some reason it just went together this way and I really like the colors - Colored with my Copics and high lighted with white gel pen, then inked the edges, then doodled just a little bit.


And what is the prize this week? Well Heidi from Stampavie has kindly donated two images for the winning prize - two of the brand new Rachelle Anne Miller Spring 09 images


"Newly Hatched" and "Happy Piggies"



I do hope you will visit the Magnolia Vs. Stampavie Blog Challenge and see how the other DT's took my sketch and created some fabulous cards... then please do give it a go yourself and maybe you can get these two BRAND new images!


Have a great Sunday - I am off to breakfast with the locals at the cafe, then home to do some house work and get ready for company coming for dinner - friends we haven't seen in a while, and they have two young boys so that means carrots for the donkeys - they will be happy!


HUGS and-

10 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Michelle this is a fabulous sketch. Your card is so cute! Love the non traditional colors and your coloring is fabulous.TFS
Hugs, Connie

retiredheather said...

Great card. Love the image. I will be giving your sketch a try...looks like a good one.
Hugs
Heather

Bev said...

Such a fabulous card honey - love the gorgeous colours and papers. And I especially loved the sketch, it's one I will use again and again. xx

DawnMarie said...

Hi Michelle, love your sketch and your card is gorgeous as always, I love the papers too. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Linda said...

Oh, Michelle, I love your sketch! It's great. Can't wait to make a card. Hugs, Linda

Maria said...

Fantastic sketch, Michelle! The sketch all by itself, looks almost like a card! Your card is gorgeous as always. . such pretty colors and your coloring is fantastic. The image really comes to life with your beautiful coloring!! In addition, the dp and flower is beautiful!!

Maria

Annie said...

fabby card Michelle and a great sketch! now I know exactly where my cropadile is - but I still haven't used it! hugs, annie x

Ila said...

Gorgeous card Michelle!!..love the image and those lovely papers!...Great sketch too!!..Hugs, Ila

Kelly Schelske said...

Fantastic!

Helena said...

Oh this image is just so cute, love it! Your card is amazing, love the colurs, and I love the ribbon detail at the bottom.
Thanks for the inspiration.

xxxx