Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wish You Were Here!

Oh to have a wonderful vacation... Oh well I will just live thru my Alota Ship full of Bugs... This again is one of my very first stamps that I purchased from Alota Rubber Stamps -


I have colored with my Copic's then used Stickles for their wings - Then doodled the edges.

Now to the card... I went for this weeks challenge on Paper Crafts Planet Alota Stamps - it is a new challenge that just started and it is one that got me to dust off all of the Cuttlebug folders! Embossing - I love doing it and well basically my folders got buried and I haven't been doing it. So the challenge is embossing, I ran a scrap of red card stock thru for the dots and then a piece of yellow with the button borders. Love those new borders and I don't think I used them more than once or twice.. will now :0)

I used a piece of K&Company Cut & Paste collection, I loved the map background with the postcard - seemed just too perfect for this image.

I was challenged on how to put it all together, larger images are tough sometimes. Well I got frustrated and just pushed it aside - I liked it! I know it is kind of weird but it reminded me of a scrapbook - which if I had just returned from a cruise, I would make a scrapbook about it!

I hope you like it.. and I hope you will join in on the PCP Alota site Challenge ... Helene has some great prizes up for grabs. ;0)

Well better run MIL is tapping toes - Mall is having a sale - be back later
HUGS and-

9 comments:

Joyce B (Burchboo) said...

Just love these little fellers and gals and the bonvoyage scene is too cute.
Happy Thursday

Helene said...

So cute...wish I was on that ship

Anonymous said...

hiya Michelle, i was just looking at your card and thinking what it reminded me of and then as reading your post you hit the nail right on the head.. it reminds me of a scrapbook too. how clever are you. the postcard is a fantastic addition.. belongs i think with this image. enjoy your shopping at the mall. hugs rachxx

daisy said...

hi michelle

love the card, should meke someone feel so whatnted if they get it, love the colors

hugs
daisy

DawnMarie said...

Fab card Michelle, great image, love the embossing. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Wow! What a fabulous card, just love the image. Great colouring. Hugs, Lainy x

Suzanne said...

Firstly I want to apologise for being MIA things hopefully will get back to normal now!!! Your card is fabulous love the way you have laid it out very inspired. Love all your recent cards and of course Libby and the donkeys. Sue :o)

Viv said...

Looks so cute, the bees are adorable! Know what you mean about the cuttlebug borders, love them but hardly use them.
Don't think you could take a long vacation...not with all those hairy family members to take care of. You'd miss them!

Tab said...

Oh Michelle, what an utterly fabulous card! Just love this Alota image, there is so much going on, just love it all, your colouring is awesome!
Hugs Tab xxx