Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Sneak Peek of LUCY.. from InStyle Stamps

I don't know why but as soon as I saw Lucy, InStyle Stamps.. I thought of her in a gold formal gown. Pregnant Ladies dress up too ya know, and I just think Lucy is RADIANT!!

I colored Lucy with my Copics, except her dress and hairband... that is Shimmerz - that stuff is just too cool! Really makes her dress look like a silky gold dress - I cut her out with my Nestibilities oval, then doodled the edge.
Now for my card... she is dressed in gold so I thought the card needed to be more "rich" not the traditional colors for a mother to be, you know pastels. I used a black card stock as the base, and the pattern papers are all Graphic 45 - oh these papers are so heavy and rich in color. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the bottom, you can't see it in the photo, but that yellow paper is opalescent, it shimmers too! I have no idea where I got that but it looks cool. The flower and leaf are from my stash and have gold on them as well, with a vintage black button center. My sentiment is computer generated.

Now when I showed it to Hubby when done he said it was just weird. Weird?? I kind of liked that it was different - I don't know maybe I am way off - what do you think? Maybe I should have stuck with pastels....

Well I do hope you like Lucy... there are more releases today at InStyle Stamps - so pop on over and take a look - I know I have an order to place :)


Have a great Wednesday -
HUGS and-

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
i love your card, the colours are beautiful, why should all pregnancy cards be pastel anyway... is it the law! lol.
I love it hun,
her dress looks well posh.
hugs rachxx

Cathy said...

She looks so cute!! I love the papers and colors. I think it's wonderful!! Great job!

Sharon said...

She looks great and it's nice to see a dressed up expectant lady!! Gorgeous as always michelle.

Ila said...

So Gorgeous!! ..love the papers and radiance!!...that sentiment is just perfect!!....Happy Easter!!..Hugs, Ila

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE! Your card is beautiful!!! Great Job on it!!! I love those shimmers too!!! ~Heidi

Betty J Schaub said...

lUCY looks fantastic in her evening gown. I could never have worn one like that cause I was always tooo big while I was pregnant. And then for some reason after my second/last baby, I never got smaller. LOL Cute card.

Frances said...

Ooo I like "rich" and her dress is very glam - love it. Ignore hubby LOL (that's what I usually do with mine when he doesn't get my cards!) xx

Vicky said...

This is awesome (and definitely NOT weird - lol)! I love that gold dress and that gold flower is just gorgeous. Great job, Michelle!

stampinfrog said...

Your Hubby is WRONG! I love this card and you have used the perfect papers and colors! Love the shimmers. GORGEOUS!TFS
Hugs, Connie

Viv said...

Men have NOOOOO idea. Its gorgeous and I'm sure it will be loved!

Risa said...

Hi Michelle,
I LOVE Lucy!!!! She is radiant and her dress...so pretty! Super great job!
hugs
Risa:)

Kim said...

Michelle that is such a lovely card and you are right Lucky does look radiant!!!!! Love it!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Kelly Schelske said...

Is she ever radiant, Lucy's beautiful!!

Hugs, K

Maria said...

Hey Michelle, I think pregnant women should look glamorous . .you did the right thing making her dress all glammed up!! She looks gorgeous! Beautiful job with your coloring and I'm in love with your pretty dps!!

Maria

Cynde said...

The card is truly radiant! I love the colors!!! Pastels are fine for alot of people, but alot of pregnant ladies are not stuck in the rut of pastels only. I love that you are willing to "break the mold" so to speak. I for one love to see pregnant ladies who feel good about themselves and dress it up, or dress in bright colors and want to be noticed. It shows me that they are secure in who they are. Great Card!