Friday, April 24, 2009

Just Magnolia's NUMBER 2!

This week for Just Magnolias it is a color challenge!
I love color challenges, and this one is a great combo...
PINK and GREEN!
First I want to say thank you to all of those that joined in last week! Wow I think I can speak for all of the DT of Just Magnolias...we were thrilled that so many have played along with us!
For my card this week I pulled out one of my new Spring Club Magnolias - I just love her... colored with my Copics all in shades of pink and green of course, and high lighted with my white gel pen.
For my card I started out with a bright light green card stock as the base, then the papers are from K&Company -love the glitter on the floral paper! WOW really sparkles! I matted it with a scrap of pink card stock and the image is matted with a piece of the green that I ran thru my Cuttlebug to emboss. I sewed everything down with some really cool thread. I so wish you could see that it is pink and green.. oh what do you call it... you know it is pink for a while, then turns to shades of green. Well it is really pretty and perfect for this card! LOl

I used a green butterfly ribbon across the middle - and then found these cute pink dragonflies in my stash... and I thought oh well.. they are cute not butterflies but cute. Then a couple of days later I found out that this Tilda is a dragonfly!!! How funny huh? I thought she was a butterfly, but then when you see the butterfly Tilda you see the big difference! I still love this one though, and now my embellishments go perfectly! I added 6 pink dew drops on the image and then the sentiment.

Do you love it or what??? While going thru my stash to gather stuff for a LSS garage sale (which I missed BTW darn it) I found a stack of some rub ons from Fancy Pants - I started to put them in the sale stack then saw this - and new it was too cute and fun for this card.
Make sure to go over to JUST MAGNOLIAS and see all of the DT's work - wow these girls are so talented I still pinch myself that I can "play" with them! And once again this week there is a great prize!!!
Ok.... I have to go and finish a project I have been working on all day - There is a blog hop later today... SO it will be a two post day for me - see ya a bit later :0)
HUGS and-

16 comments:

kaz_za's crafty corner said...

hi what a wonderful card.. i love this card... great colours.. and i love this stamp.. i wish i had ordered them... will have to get them ordered...
kaz_za

Vicky said...

so cute, michelle!!! i'm loving this new challenge blog because i LOVE magnolia stamps! i ordered a bunch of the pre-orders off of 7 Kids (which I think you had posted about)...i can't wait to get them! your card is just awesome - love all the colors and layers - fabulous!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Do you know that I do not own a single Magnolia but you and Claudia are pushing me RIGHT off the edge with these! OMG SOOO Cute! This card is gorgeous and I just love the awesome layout. Hey, where did you get that quote stamp? I MUST have it ;) Beautiful,Michelle!

Yvonne said...

What a beautiful card. She looks so sweet all glittered. your colouring is perfect. Like the dragonfly's All round lovely card.

DawnMarie said...

So cute Michelle, just a gorgeous stamp and I love the little dragonfly embellishments, great sentiment too. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, love it to bits :)
Hugs, Marlene x

Bev said...

Oh this is so fun, fresh and pretty Michelle - LOVE your take on the challenge, brilliant design toox

tracie said...

Oh Michelle your card is gorgeous, love the pretty papers and this Tilda is adorable ~ fabulous !!
Hugs
Tracie :)x

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

Hey I just saw you have a "new" Bloglayout. I really love it =) How cute is the new header?!

I also love your card. I didn't know that she is a dragonfly, this is so cool. The sentiment is wonderful!!

cats whiskers said...

Fabb Fabby card just love tht image and your colourng and the sentiment is great
Hugs Jacqui x

Naoual said...

I love this card you made Michelle, fab use of colours and the layout is just gorgeous, the stitching is stunning! You have such a unique style, I love it!!

Have a great weekend sweetie,

xx Naoual

Mina said...

wow love your card and the two tone stitching is gorgeous...it has such a pretty girly look to it xxx

Martine said...

this is beautiful hun, your coloruing is perfect, and i love the papers you have used



xx

martine

Anonymous said...

this is gorgeous michelle, love the colours that you have used hun lovely detail. hugs rachxx

BettyBoop67 said...

SUCH A GORGEOUS CARD MICHELLE. :) SUE XX

Marcea said...

your card is just so prettyhun, love all your yummy embellies and details.Sorry i am so slow posting this week
-x-