Friday, April 17, 2009

ITS TIME!!! The brand new Just Magnolia's Challenge!!

Oh my I have been so excited about this!! And I still have to pinch myself when I think about being a part of it - IT IS JUST MAGNOLIA DAY!!!!

For the first challenge we have a fab sketch for you done by our talented Donalda.


We also have a fabulous prize for the first week (SERIOUSLY TAKE A LOOK A THE PHOTO)– extra special for the first winner, although we have some fantastic sponsors who have been so generous with their prizes, a big thank you to them all. This huge prize will be a one off, as a thank you to all our followers and all those who love Magnolia stamps and will take part in our challenges.The prize for the first challenge is a selection put together by the DT and also kindly added to by The Hobby House – thanks Jill.
We have 4 Magnolia Stamps, a Stampin Up set of sentiment stamps , a set of 6 K&Co paper pads, a selection of ribbon, a pack of Dovecraft brads, some crochet flowers and a selection of spacers and charms for this weeks prize. The value of this prize is in excess of £50.



Ok - now that you are calmed down about that fabulous prize ... LOL


Here is my card -


I pulled out one of the new Magnolia Spring Stamp club images, and colored with my Copics - I just loved the little lady bug with Tilda in this oWhen I got to looking at the ladybug - I remembered this paper from Heidi Grace with ladybugs in it... oh so perfect. I then found some other papers all in the same colors including that yummy felt dotted paper from 7 gypsies, and the background paper from Graphic 45. I matted the image with a piece of the same red I used for the base of the card. I sewed everything down with my sewing machine -
The sentiment is an epoxy sticker from cloud nine - I backed it with a piece of the card stock.


And for super special.. my flowers are gifts from my MIL - I was telling her how much I loved all the crocheted flowers I was seeing, when I showed her how much they cost to buy and she agreed to make some for me - Aren't they fabulous!!! (And don't forget that there are some in that prize offered this week!) I found some plain white little buttons for the centers.
I do hope you will join in this week! The sketch is great, and the prize is great and we love Magnolias so join in!
Friday almost the weekend!! What do you have planned? Me.. home mostly - the weather is suppose to be really nasty today and tomorrow - I feel some crafting time...

HUGS and-

19 comments:

Mina said...

I love the colours you have used so bright and gorgeous...love the stamp too...papers, crocheted flowers everything is so perfect and the message is great xxx

Debbie said...

Wow, great job with the layout, love the ladybug paper, glad you remembered you had it.. and nice job with your MIL's flowers they added so much to the card..

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMGOSH what a prize! I am drooling over here!!! That is amazing and your card is no less amazing! I LOVE how you colored her and the detail you gave it -even down to her little boots! Those crocheted flowers are REALLY growing on me, too! I LOVE IT!

Ila said...

Your card is Gorgeous Michelle!! and the flowers are Super Cute!!...Wow!! what a prize and a Great Sketch!!....Hugs, Ila

Tab said...

Oh Michelle, stunning card hun! Just love this Tilda, my fave from the Club kit! Fab colour scheme and I just adore you flowers, just perfect!
Hugs Tab xxx

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Michelle, the way you have partnered your papers to go with the cute little bug is brilliant.
just loving those crochet flowers your mil made. beautiful. hugs rachxx

cats whiskers said...

Oh Wow Michelle I just love the vibrant colours you have used on this fabulosu card, and those papers were just made for this Tilda truly stunning sweetie
Hugs Jacqui x

Viv said...

Wow! Gorgeous card and love the colours! Does your MIL take orders for those flowers? LOL! They are perfect!

Martine said...

Wow Michelle, i love your card, the papers are so cute and match tilda perfectly :)


xx
Martine

Maria said...

Wow, Michelle! Looks like a lot of work went into your card. Love all the details!! So pretty. Beautiful job on your coloring of Tilda too! That reminds me. . I haven't used my Tilda stamps for awhile. Thank you for the inspiration!!

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Maria

Donalda said...

This is just gorgeous dear. I am so thrilled to be working with you dear. Hugs

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Mcihelle, lvoe the crochet flowers!! i hope to have some time this weekend to get a card made for the challenge!!

Have a super weekend!!

Kelly

Yvonne said...

Simply beautiful.

Ms. Cheryl said...

Tell your MIL those crocheted flowers beat any that I've seen. She should sell some on Etsy so I could buy them. I love that ladybug Tilda. I think this is my favorite Tilda. I am new to copic markers(I've bought some but not tried them yet)and I would like to try with Ladybug Tilda. Where is the best place to buy Tilda's? Please email me at
ms_cheryl_y@yahoo.com.
Looking forward to donkeys and Libbie tomorrow, ms.cheryl

Victoria said...

I just adore your card Michelle. The colours, the image, the fabulous papers and the crocheted flowers. So stunning!
Hugs, Vicky x

Marcea said...

I absolutely adore your card hun, it is gorgeous. Everything sits perfectly together. Your flowers are wonderful - I must natter my MIL too and she might make me some :o)
Have a great weekend
-x-

Ann said...

I love the flowers your ML made for you especially the red ones. Could you post the pattern? I found several patterns but your flowers are much nicer. TFS Ann Lind

Bev said...

A totally fantastic creation Michelle, so much fabulous detail, love the sentiment and the stitched panels. xx

Annika said...

Your card made me feel all warm inside! Remionds me of the dresses my granny used to knit me and Sunday mornings with pancakes... I can't even explain why, probably because a lot of stitching/crochet and gorgeous deep vintage hues.