Friday, April 10, 2009

It's been a long week... I need three scoops!

It is finally Friday.. and it has been one really long week! I really wish I had three scoops!! But if I don't have the real thing, coloring three scoops will have to do for now! And three scoops with two adorable Alota Bugs is really fun! The actual name of this stamp is Lil and Gorden Bugs with 3 Scoops of Ice Cream.. one long name for one cute stamp! This stamp is my one of three of my very first Alota stamps. I purchased three stamps with sentiments a long time ago... I just loved this one, and the possibilities that it had for cards - birthday's or just pick me ups!



Well last night I was tired, worn out and just wanted to color something fun and put together a happy simple card. This is what I came up with... still want the ice cream thought :0)

My bugs and ice cream are colored with my copics - then I "topped" it with some white puff paint, and then dimensional glaze for the cherry, hot fudge, butterscotch and raspberry topping... (sorry I don't like pineapple..so my banana splits always have butterscotch instead LOL) Gives a really cool look in person, hope you can tell in the photos.


The pattern papers are from DCWV Nana's Kitchen collection, on a Bazzil Dotted Swiss card stock. Martha Steward border punch down one side, and then inked the edges of everything. Stamped out the Alota Rubber Stamp Sentiment, some flowers and finished... was a quick card.. and made me feel better, even if I didn't get the calories myself!


So do you have the holiday off today? Have special plans for Easter? The cafe we eat at on Sunday's is going to be closed, so I am going to cook for a few of those that we normally eat with... Michelle's cafe will be open for business very early Sunday morning! HA! But before then I need clean... I started cleaning out our pantry in the kitchen.. yea great timing huh? But it was driving me nuts and time to reorganize so I know what is in there.... So that is today's plan. I love when the shelves are sorted and up to date - even if it doesn't last long.

So off to check dates, and put away - with a few breaks to visit some of my favorite blogs I have been missing this week!
HUGS and-

13 comments:

Tracey said...

An adorable card Michelle! Love those bees! Happy Easter to you!!

Sharon said...

Great card Michelle with lots of texture. I could do with 3 scoops , the kids are off for 2 weeks and Rob is away, great timing!!! Hope you have a lovely Easter. xx

retiredheather said...

Great card. I can almost taste the ice-cream.
Happy Easter
Heather

Anonymous said...

o my word michelle, i am drooling that ice cream looks delish..mmmm and we don't have any either. :(
love your card sweetie. hugs rachxx

Bev said...

Utterly delcious card honey - wow the choccie sauce looks good enough to eat (and ice-cream is my all time very very very favourite food lol). xxx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Great card, such an adorable image and very yummy too. Love the background papers they look fab. The card reminds me of last week when we went out for a meal, Abbie always has ice cream after her meal and where we normally go it is 3 scoops in a little sunday glass. The pub we went too served up 1 scoop in a little dish, well she was just discusted. You should have seen her face!!!
Lyndsey xx

Viv said...

Who needs ice cream with a gorgeous card to drool over! Very cute card. I agree, butterscotch beats pineapple hands down!

Cynde said...

What a darling card Michelle! Really love those bugs!! Great coloring and love the effects of the glaze and puff paint for the toppings....super duper scooper!! tee hee....

Nilla said...

Wow , what a lovely, funny card, want to have ice cream tight away! thinking Nilla

Donalda said...

Oh this is just so cute and so yummy dear. So love it hon. Sorry to be such a bad blogger but with working the hours I do now I only get to play on the weekend. BIg hugs

Kristen said...

That card is so cute!

Heather Huggins said...

Beautiful card!! I now want some ice cream!!

Dawn said...

Awww this looks good enough to eat - fantastic!