Monday, May 12, 2008

Baby Birds...

I hope your Sunday was a nice one... mine was busy and on the go all day. But late yesterday afternoon hubby was picking up plants that had blown over in the yard. (It was really windy here in the morning) Anyway, one of our tree roses was not quite blown over, but leaning really bad... we left it that way. We did not want to disturb what was found inside the round top of this rose bush. A newly hatched little family. I think this is a wren? I couldn't get a photo of Mom sitting on the nest yesterday, but went out early this morning and found her keeping her babies warm. I could sit and watch them forever... But she was nervous so I left her with her new family.
One reason my day was so busy is we got to make a trip to see another Donkey farm. I love going to Lola's place... she has way over a 100 miniature donkeys. It is so exciting to pull thru her gate and see all those donkeys roaming all around! It is just soooo much fun! We came home with two geldings to resale. And what wasn't planned was Patti. We came home with a sweet spot jenny that is due to have a baby this summer!!!! I will try and get some photographs this evening. She is beautiful.

I did one other thing I have needed to do for a while. I dug out my sewing machine. I purchased it over a year ago, basically to sew on scrapbook pages, I have wanted to use it a million times on cards, and just didn't want to take the time to pull it out. This was my practice card. I had this image, thanks to the ladies at the Tilda & Friends ATC Challenge blog, I colored her with my copics and high lighted with white gel pen and stickles all ready to go... So I got a few scrap pieces of the Amy Butler K&Company paper and did a few stitches with my machine. I need some practice! Had some issues with the corners, but over all was ok. I added Tilda and some prima flowers and the sentiment Thanks. Oh and the centers of the flowers are different. I found them on the clearance isle at Micheal's they are iron on beads for denim! They are really pretty in real life, a brilliant pearled color. I think if needs something else, I am dying to use my white gel pen and stitch the edges but I am trying to break myself of doing that on every card I make. Well better go out and check on my new donkeys and get the day going!

Hope you have a great Monday!


9 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is lovely...that DP rocks! Cute, ugly birds too!

Suzanne said...

what gorgeous photos of the little bird I can feel a scrapebook page coming on here!!! Great card I have this stamp but have yet to use her!!! Sue :o)

Veronica Z said...

That is a cute cute card! Those Tilda stamps are adorable. The stitching on your card looks very nice! Great work!

Lori Barnett said...

Cute! We have baby birds too. And the BIG birds are being very very protective! They keep dive-bombing my dog when she is out running around. We throw the ball and watch the birds go after her. She could care less (a lab for ya!) cause she just wants to play ball. I love this time of year. Flowers, birds, BEES!!

Lisa said...

Very cute card, love the sewing...haven't tried that yet.
fellow SCSer

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

lovely card. fabulous coloring and wonderful layout.
i love the rounded corners. i always wanted to make a card like this :-)
hugs
claudi

Patti Smith said...

I am addicted to sewing on layout and I'm gonna try it on my next batch of cards lthat I make....your card is just so cute...I love the colors...Happy Monday and have a good Tuesday!!

Annie said...

beautiful card with Tilda sweeping things up, and love the stitching! The visit to the donkey farm sounds as if it went well, and you didn't come home empty handed!

Tish said...

Love reading your blog. Enjoy the Donkey photos and stories.

I just LOVE the birds. Have about 10 feeders in my little 1/3 acre yard...I get all types of birds.

Just love babies ... a sign of new life ... and hope for tomorrow.