Saturday, May 10, 2008

Thank you Claudia!


First off I want to shout out a big Thank you to Claudia. She sent me a little Rak... how exciting! A adorable High Hopes Flamingo Stamp! And then she also added a bunch of stamped images from both High Hopes and Magnolia! Well I just had to color one in for the first challenge at Friday Sketchers, which happened to be a sketch from Claudia. It is so exciting to be joining in at the 1st challenge! You still have plenty of time to jump over and join in too. The sketch was a simple one this week, but because I was determined to use the image I had colored... which was vertical.. and the sketch showed a horizontal it was a struggle. So I matted it with a more horizontal mat, I think it works ok. The base of my card is Bazzill, I then used a piece of my new K&Company Amy Butler paper, and matted it on the same green as Tilda is on. Due to the small amount of lilac color in the pattern paper I colored the tulips the same shades. And that is why I chose the light purple for the ribbon. I don't know if these colors go together well. But they are all in the Butler paper... so I guess they are ok if she did it. I doodled on the edges, and highlighted Tilda and her clothes with my Uniball white gel pen. Stickled her wings.
I think I may use this as one of my Mother's Day cards. I know I am running a little late in making them... hopefully today I can get them done and not be up late doing them!
I don't think I will be able to post in the morning, Sunday. Busy day planned, so I want to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day! Hope you get to spend some time with loved ones and enjoy the day.

24 comments:

Brocéliane said...

whaaa lovely colours for a beautiful card :)

Allison Rankin said...

This is another cute image...love the colors you used!

Sandy said...

Absolutely awesome again. Love your cards. They are so brilliant. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card, so sweet, love the colours too.

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Very cute Michelle!!! I'm so jealous....you have Magnolia images I don't have!!! Hahaha! Great job with the sketch!

tracie said...

Hi Michelle, gorgeous card - I love the colours they look fab. And you lucky girl to get the new magnolia images, have fun. I love your card its so cute.
Have a good weekend :-)x

Cathy said...

Ahhhh this is such a cute image and I love the card, especially the colours used.

Heidi said...

Wonderful card-love it

Hugs from
Heidi

sophia landry said...

Oh this is so beautiful!! I just love this image, and I think you did such a fantastic job with the coloring! It will most definitely make an awsome mother's day card!

jjcreations said...

She is very cute. Joan

Camilla said...

Great card! Your colouring is awesome! Hugs, Camilla.

Frances said...

this is gorgeous Michelle, worked out great. Love that paper and the colours are fab. Enjoy the rest of your goodies and your day! x

Mephisto said...

Wonderful card. Well done!

Domi

Nixe-Moni said...

Wonderful and so cute card. Love this Tilda so much. Your colouring is fab.
Hugs, Moni

Beth said...

Wow! This is fab! I love the paper and the stamp is so cute!

Ila said...

Gorgeous and Super Cute!! love your take on this sketch!

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

I was away for the weekend.... So I am a little late for leaving a comment. Lovely card, like the bright colors and the doodling! Thanks for joining in!

Veronica Z said...

Another cute card! I love the stithing on the border of the card. Everything is perfect!

Veronica Z said...

Another cute card! I love the stithing on the border of the card. Everything is perfect!

Cecilia said...

Lovely card. Stamp and colour are beautiful!


my blog.
www.tiina38.vuodatus.net

Murielle said...

Very lovely compostion!

Annie said...

fabulous card and love the spring Tilda with the tulips.

Richelle said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors!

yanmaneee said...

air jordan 1
yeezy supply
moncler
supreme clothing
yeezy boost 350
pandora jewelry
kd 12
air jordan
supreme clothing
jordan sneakers