Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sweet Gretchen arrived in perfect time!

Just as I sat down to work on the Friday Sketchers Challenge Blog card, hubby came in with the mail. And in it was two packages for me! First was Sweet Gretchen from Sweet n' Sassy. I was super lucky to be drawn for the first challenge prize on Friday Sketchers and man did it arrive fast and in perfect time to be used on this weeks sketch. The second package was my order from Papertrey Ink. I ordered more of their white card stock (this stuff is wonderful!) and while I was ordering that I added a few more things, might as well right? One was the pink pattern paper stack, oh such pretty colors and patterns. So I just had to use the two new things together!

The sketch for this week is a great one, and perfect to use coordinating pattern papers. The base for the card is Bazzill in a light celery green color. I then picked three pattern papers from my new papers. I stamped Gretchen and colored in her body parts, hair, socks and shoes. I then re-stamped her onto a piece of the pattern paper and cut out her dress. I cut the top part as a whole and then on my card stock image I cut her hair and lifted it up to slide the dress under. Does that make sense? It gives the appearance that her hair is laying over the dress instead of cutting the tiny sleeves and center of the dress. I left the ribbon, collar and lace edges white to pull the dots from her dress. The circle and the scallop is cut with my Nestibilities and doodled. And the "ribbon" is actually a piece of the pattern paper. The sentiment is from the Sweet Gretchen set. I doodled the edges of everything else with Sakura Glaze pens. I also highlighted Gretchen with white gel pen. Her eyes were bothering me.... they stamped out as black, so I took my blue Spica Glitter pen and added some color. She really looks to have a blue sparkle in her eyes now! I can see I am really going to love this Sweet Gretchen set and THANK YOU so much to the Friday Sketchers for the prize! Hope they like how I used her with their challenge this week!


Well today is Saturday, I have a Fiskars Certification Training to give today, and spend some time with my little Sister, who helps me with most all of my classes. THANKS SIS! And just because I need one little thing for the class we will take a trip by Hobby Lobby together, because we must! =) Oh and Sunday is my nieces Hermann Son's Dance recital. I love to see them at their dance recitals their costumes are so cute! Have a great Weekend!
And don't forget to check out my blog candy if you haven't yet! It is HERE.

Card Info:
Stamps: Sweet n' Sassy
Papers: Papertrey Ink, Bazzill
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Sakura Glaze Pens, Spica Glitter Pen, Pop Dots, Spellbinders Nestibilities.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...... die ist ja toll gestaltet!
Wunderschöne Farben!

tracie said...

fabulous card Michelle, love the new papers - gorgeous and the image is great, love her dotty dress
Have a good weekend :-)x

Anonymous said...

Stunning card! So pleased you were able to use Sweet Gretchen, she looks adoreable in her paper pieced dress! Thanks for trying my sketch at FS - you've done a great job!

Carole :D

Allison Rankin said...

This is awesome Michelle...so cool with the black gel pen...wouldn't have thought to go that direction!

Suzanne said...

Oh Michelle I love these papers and the image is just soo cute. Thank you again for the wonderful RAK Sue:o)

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

beautiful card, love the scalloped circle! The papers and colors are great! Thanks for joining in.

Kathy said...

Beautiful card!!! It all goes together so great!! She looks adorable!! Nice job with the sketch!!

Anonymous said...

wonderful card, lovely, great colours

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!! I love the colors you have used!!!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wow.. you got the set already...
ohhh. i love your card michelle.
hugs

Nancy said...

sieht toll aus!!

Beth said...

Such a pretty card, I love you're new papers!

jjcreations said...

Very nice card...this little girl is cute. Joan

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful card ! And I love your colors and this stamp ! So cute ! Very great work !

Donalda said...

That is just beautiful dear and man do I love your blog

Annie said...

another fab card with a great sketch! I'll have to try it later in the week.

Tina said...

Michelle what a beautiful card, i just got a card from Claudia with Gretchen on the front, funny...Beautiful colours and i like the papers too... Crafty Hugs Tina x

Unknown said...

oh wow really cute and so lovely.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wow.. super